Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yeah, I think we've learned our lesson with game 1 that 6 people is way too little for a good mafia game, so c'mon guys. Step up to the plate. Join the game. Post your name if you want to be part of game 2.

Also, give me a good idea for a theme. I was completely bsing the Lost theme last time.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
im in. and i better not die

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes. 6 again.

This seems to be our unlucky number.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
From my last thread.
http://www.princeton.edu/~mafia/oldmafia/rules.htm
Rules of the game

SWF Videos Files

*Right-Click and Select "Play" to start movie.

Extended roles

You've never played this game before? I don't think you had a very fulfilling childhood.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Awesome Person
What is Mafia?
Mafia is a psychological game with the main combatants being the informed minority (mafia, scum, etc.) and the uninformed minority (town). The objective of the town is to eliminate the scum, and the objective of the scum is to outnumber the town.

The three phases are Day, Twilight, and Night.

Daytime: The players decide on who is the most suspicious player. When a majority of votes (either the required number or the majority by a certain deadline) is acquired, the player is lynched. In certain games, you may vote for No Lynch if you feel that no one is suspicious.

Twilight(Call it toilet if you don't want to make references): This is the period between when a player receives a majority of votes, before the moderator posts a death scene. After this is night.

Nighttime: During this phase, no one is to post in thread (unless specifically stated otherwise), until the moderator announces that the Day has started. Players with power roles PM the moderator their night action.

The Basic Roles
There are mafia, the bad guys, who kill people at night. Note that all other night actions take place before the mafias' kill.

There are (vanilla) townies, the normal people with no special powers. They vote on who they think is mafia. When a majority of people votes for a certain person, he/she gets 'lynched' (killed).

There are doctors. If the mafia targets someone, they can save them from not being killed. However, it's hard to determine who the mafia wants to kill, which makes this role difficult to play.

There are the police/cops, who investigate people for a night action. Depending on the moderator of a game, the cops' results may give the role, whether they are innocent/guilty, or something creative. Cops can have 4 possible statuses: sane (always giving correct results), insane (always giving incorrect results), naive (always giving innocent results), or paranoid (always giving guilty results).

Other Roles

Serial Killer - Wins when they kill ALL other players
Vigilante - One on the town side who kills one player each night
Jack of all Trades - Town, have the choice of abilities, usually as a cop, doctor, or a vigilante
Jester - Wins when he/she is lynched (Note: This is not the same as being night killed)
Godfather - One on the scum side, who appears innocent when inspected
Death Miller - One who wins with town, and appears as a mafia in every possible way

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I demand one more person to join up so we can have some mafia orgie fun.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
lol assassin, Its not an orgie, its a bloodbath.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts