Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I decided to pick up Mafia II again for some more fun, but now the game seems to crash fairly often.. in an attempt to fix this, I verified the integrity of the game's cache. I got a little pop-up which I though was just a verification, like "are you sure you want to do this?" so I just hit yes, turns out that it was asking me if it could delete my saved game..

Now I have no saved game file, so I downloaded one from the internet and put it where it should be "C:\\Users\\username\\AppData\\Local\\2K Games", but whenever I start the game, it doesn't recognize that it's there and it wants to start a new one.

Is there a way around this? I really don't want to start again as I was about 11 hours in...I don't mind the crashing so much, I just want to play again without starting over!

Any suggestions? Maybe someone can upload their saved game file? I just finished the mission where you pay Bruno back the $55,000. Anywhere around that time would be great.

I just bought the DLC's too..and if I can't get my saved game back, I don't think I'll continue playing..so I really hope I didn't waste my money..

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man, I'll give it a shot! +Rep.

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by GeforceGTS View Post
hope it works

the saves have all chapters unlocked, so just pick the one you left off on if it workks

It doesn't seem to work..when I go to play it the game it still asks me to pick a difficulty, rather than giving me the option to continue. I deleted everything in the 2K Games/Mafia II folder, and copied your folders in.

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

No idea sorry

After you pick the difficulty it only lets you start a new game yeah? :l
Unfortunately, yes.

Thanks for your time, I appreciate it.

Hopefully someone will chime in with a solution for me..I just created a ticket with Steam about this.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Try this:
1. Delete the accounts/profiles.
2. Start a new game
3. Exit game
4. Replace the newly created files with the files from the archive

It might be worth a shot.

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by h33b View Post
Try this:
1. Delete the accounts/profiles.
2. Start a new game
3. Exit game
4. Replace the newly created files with the files from the archive

It might be worth a shot.
Already tried that, but thanks.

GeforceGTS, the saved game file you gave me has 2 subfolders in the Mafia II/save directory, whereas every time I create a game, it creates 3 folders in that directory. Do you mind checking to see if yours has 3 folders as well, and one didn't get uploaded for some reason?

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

All that is in mine is what I uploaded, just double checked D:
Damn. Alright, thanks again.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by airplaneman View Post
It doesn't seem to work..when I go to play it the game it still asks me to pick a difficulty, rather than giving me the option to continue. I deleted everything in the 2K Games/Mafia II folder, and copied your folders in.

Any ideas?
It'll always do that, all the chapters are unlocked for me now that i completed, you can go to any chapter and even start the game over

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaMirrorLink View Post
It'll always do that, all the chapters are unlocked for me now that i completed, you can go to any chapter and even start the game over

How? Where do I select the chapter?

If I put the saved game where it should go, and I start up the game, when I click "The Story" it asks me to pick a difficulty, when I do that, it'll play the cut scene then start me off in WWII.

There is also no artwork and all the statistics show nothing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts