Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok after a couple of spindles of dvds 100+ total
my MAGICSPIN DVDRW8D took a dump on me, it still reads but the buffer dies when writing, im assuming that the DVDs buffer just died so thats ok i guess if you dont mind it taking 24hours to burn, yes i did this, and yes the dvd works
Weird ehh... anyways i replaced it with a toshiba which is working awesome, and will handle double layer dvds but i dont plan on doing DVDDL untill the price dropps about 8dollars a DVD

The model number is DVDRW8D
also labeled as model DVDRW 1008im
it is 8xR +/- and RW
i would say stay away if your debating between two and this is one of them go with the other model....

it only took 30minutes to burn a CD so i think thats going to be its job from now on in my GFs puter

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookedjunglist

Ok after a couple of spindles of dvds 100+ total
my MAGICSPIN DVDRW8D took a dump on me, it still reads but the buffer dies when writing, im assuming that the DVDs buffer just died so thats ok i guess if you dont mind it taking 24hours to burn, yes i did this, and yes the dvd works
Weird ehh... anyways i replaced it with a toshiba which is working awesome, and will handle double layer dvds but i dont plan on doing DVDDL untill the price dropps about 8dollars a DVD

The model number is DVDRW8D
also labeled as model DVDRW 1008im
it is 8xR +/- and RW
i would say stay away if your debating between two and this is one of them go with the other model....

it only took 30minutes to burn a CD so i think thats going to be its job from now on in my GFs puter

You took your girlfriends burner didnt you. LOLOLOLOL

·
Banned
955 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookedjunglist

no i bought a new one

you lie! haha yea i think i need to get a new burner... i got ripped off at walmart.. i have these late night rages where im decide at 3AM that i need somethign so i go pay nearly triple the value at walmart... did that with my video card... fx5200 overclocked for nearly 300$ less than a year ago... and 200 dollars for a dvd burner... but now i want double layered... i have indeed curbed my walmart fixation though.. YAY for me

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by setite

you lie! haha yea i think i need to get a new burner... i got ripped off at walmart.. i have these late night rages where im decide at 3AM that i need somethign so i go pay nearly triple the value at walmart... did that with my video card... fx5200 overclocked for nearly 300$ less than a year ago... and 200 dollars for a dvd burner... but now i want double layered... i have indeed curbed my walmart fixation though.. YAY for me

Wlamart is evil, that is what Newegg is for, the mid-night fixes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts