Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy the TH10A and will eventually water cool (maybe), but initially will air cool. I am going with the standard orientation and plan on putting 4 fans on the right side where the power supply and hard drives will be (vented right panel for mounting the power supply and blanking the vent not used). My question is on the left side, are a couple fans recommended? My thought was that with four fans on the right side and only one exhausting in the rear, there should be plenty of positive pressure so fans on the left may not be necessary. I don't want to go overkill on the fans so it is as quiet as I can get away with and unnecessary cost/power. Other parts of the case will be closed (i.e. I will get a vented top for when and if I water cool, but will put blanks in them until then). Thank you.

·
Enthusiast Cases
4,990 Posts
I'm not sure how much positive air pressure you'll get with that arrangement in a TH10A. My bigger concern is that air will bleed from several points (not just the rear fan) and you'll get a build up of warm air with heat from the CPU, GPU, etc. on the left side because of the limited air flow.

I would be inclined to put one or two fans on the left side and only put fans on the drive cages on the right side. The PSU does a fairly effective job of exhausting its own heat, so that shouldn't be a major concern and if you have fans on the HDDs, you should be fine on the right side.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts