Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what maintenance does vapochill come with?

and where can i find a good one for a modest price?

probably not going to get it anyways... but it would be sweet if i came by a few extra bucks...

·
Premium Member
4,833 Posts
What do you mean by "maintenence"? You can find them on ebay, or ask ThaWaxShop to sell you his.
but it will be more of a Mach II GT once he gets it back since he is getting an NF9FX compressor, and a recharge with R404a(?) Coolant. But anyways, long story short, they don't have a real warranty, and you would probably want to go through a 3rd party to get any work done on it. Their warranty is for "manufacturer defects" only, so basically if you get a DOA unit, they will replace it, but they won't service it for wear and tear.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
I think hes asking what kind of maintenance has to be performed on common phase units, such as vapochill.

·
Premium Member
4,833 Posts
Generally they can go a very long time between tune-ups. It really depends on who used it before. If you take good care of it then it will last a long time.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i mean like with water coolers you have to mix the water with the anti-corrosive fluid and you have to test it for leaks for 24hours before you put it in, and you have to put more fluid in once in awhile... what maintenance does phase change come with, what does a "tune-up" entail?

·
Premium Member
4,833 Posts
You don't have any regular maintenence on the unit, set it and forget it.
A tune up would consist of a re-charge of new coolant and possibly re-tuning the unit for that new coolant, nothing major.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Actually, I've seen customer units coming with nearly blocked condenser. It would be advisable to get the air compressor handy and just blow through the unit (outdoor unless you want your mom/wife trying to kill you) to clean up the caked dust every few months.
As for retuning, short of compressor swap, the unit is finely tuned if it is vapochill LS.

·

29,532 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by born2killU

Where the hell do you work where people come in with phase change units

will they hire me LMAO

I don't think he works for anybody but himself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts