Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okej i got 2x512 Twinmos memorys DDR 3200 and well i decided i wanted 2 gig of ram. So i ordered a 1g Module and i got it yesterday.<br />
<br />
Now to the problem i installed the mem and my comp wont boot. So i increased the voltage all the way upp to 3.0V and the memory is not even clocked. it runs 190mzh. 3v. 2.5.3.3.8 timings. And the comp boots att 3v<br />
<br />
I read a few posts that some mainboards have trouble whit 3 or 4 sticks =/ it doesnt sound normal to use 3v youst to boot upp whit 3 mem sticks.<br />
<br />
I have a DFI lanparty NF3.<br />
<br />
ATM im youst using the 1g module in first slot and a 512 in the last slot. But i dunno if its worth using the 512. <br />
<br />
Got any ideas what the problem can be?

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
3 sticks will be hard to run, even if they were all identical.<br />
Recommended timings and voltages will vary between sticks so fine tuning<br />
would be a chore.<br />
Its best to stick with 2 sticks in dual channel.<br />
<br />
Place the original sticks back in and boot up into bios, set timings to default. Save.<br />
Now try installing the 3rd stick and booting.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But should i youst run the 1g module or should i use one of the 512 modules also? =D

·
Premium Member
24,372 Posts
Use the 1GB stick, sell both 512MB sticks, and get another 1GB stick.<br />
<br />
I never like mixing RAM sticks, esp. not different sized ones, since this will mess up timings, etc.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
If you cant afford to get another 1gb stick in the very near future sell the 1gb and keep the 2 x 512mb as you will get dual channel. Also DFI boards can handle four of the same sticks in 1T command.<br><br>
pink

·
Premium Member
24,372 Posts
<div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px">Quote:</div>
<table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="99%">
<tr>
<td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset">

<div>
Originally Posted by <strong>Mr Pink57</strong>

</div>
<div style="font-style:italic">If you cant afford to get another 1gb stick in the very near future sell the 1gb and keep the 2 x 512mb as you will get dual channel. Also DFI boards can handle four of the same sticks in 1T command.<br />
<br />
pink</div>

</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>No all.. only newer ones I think. NOS probably is right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts