Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed OS today, everything ran fine. Installed the Asus AI Suite (which includes Turbo V) and the system boots to windows.

Once it does my USB mouse and keyboard stop working...

I uninstall the AI Suite and it looks like they are working again.

Whats really wierd is that when the system is running, if I unplug the keyboard and mouse and plug them into a different set of USB ports they work.

Also a PS2 keyboard is unaffected

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
20,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Having some problems with even the mildest oveclock. In fact set it back to defaults and sometimes it will not boot up.

Has anyone tried overclocking with this board yet? Definitely not as user friendly as the reviews indicated...

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Maybe you got a bad board. Sounds like some of your USB ports aren't getting enough power or something like that. Are you modifying the BCLOCK at all? Supposedly doing that is bad in a Sandy Bridge system because everything (including USB) is based on the BCLOCK.

·
Premium Member
20,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no, didnt touch BLCK at all, changed the multi to 38x (which should be easy on stock voltage) and go issues.

I think I figured out the USB issue.

I had disable the USB 3.0 ports in the bios and this seems to affect all of the USB ports to some extent. Re-enabled it and they seemed to be working.

Also the bluetooth feature is causing some issues as well.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I was under the impression the multiplier just set the turbo mode ? with a 2600k your multiplier should already be at 38x ?
I'm assuming you've already updated the bios ? there's a ton of usb and overclocking fixes directly mentioned in their descriptions..
Quote:
P8P67 Pro 1003 BIOS
1. Update CPU ratio item to allow automatic activation of Intel Turbo Boost when CPU Ratio is above the Intel specification.
2. Enhance PCH native SATA performance.
3. Enhance USB 3.0 / PCIE performance.
4. Enhance USB 3.0 compatibility under BIOS setup screen.
5. Enhance USB compatibility.
Quote:
P8P67 Pro 1053 Beta BIOS
1. Enable support of "Internal PLL Overvoltage" item to allow better CPU Turbo Ratio overclock capability with D2 Stepping processors.

·
Premium Member
8,196 Posts
I installed the asus suite and it didn't work properly. Things would give me the "not responding" attitude. I uninstalled it quickly. The bluetooth never seemed to work properly either.

As for overclocking, I think this mb acts like a woman. Sometimes it's happy with settings, other times its not. Other than that, things are pretty simple and straightforward.

·
Looking Ahead
13,043 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikecdm
View Post

As for overclocking, I think this mb acts like a woman. Sometimes it's happy with settings, other times its not. Other than that, things are pretty simple and straightforward.

lol should I sig this

OT: I've heard people are having a lot of troubles with these new P8P67 motherboards. And I was planning to get a Deluxe after I got my money. Looks like I'll stick with my S775 system for now

Did you do a clean windows install?

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
Never use AIsuite as it`s peace of s**t..

When I`ve tried to use it,it coused lockups and BSOD..

So I recommend you to uninstall it..

Also TurboV is no no for OCing as it`s unstable..

Use BIOS for OCing your system FTW..

CHEERS..

·
Banned
2,905 Posts
I hope my mobo behaves like it should.

I'm getting my P8P67 Deluxe today, and my 2600k tomorrow.

I'm not installing any of the Asus Power Saving features at all. It didn't even work properly with my previous P5Q Pro (Asus EPU).

·
Banned
2,566 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Robilar
View Post

Installed OS today, everything ran fine. Installed the Asus AI Suite (which includes Turbo V) and the system boots to windows.

Whats really wierd is that when the system is running, if I unplug the keyboard and mouse and plug them into a different set of USB ports they work.

Any ideas?

This is why you need to keep PS2 on motherboard.
but all they noobs rage when people keep them on.

·
1689 Federalist
11,741 Posts
I had usb trouble with my UD4 and now with my evo. My mouse is a death adder and when I would first boot into windows both buttons would act as right click it would drive me nuts.

I put it on the usb 3.0 slot and its fine. So I think its just a driver issue that needs to be worked out with the usb.

We are all guinea pigs here as this is all brand new. I have had no problems with the AI suite and actually think its pretty cool. I don't oc with it though.

·
Banned
2,309 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Robilar
View Post

Any ideas?

Senior mod?

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BKsMassive
View Post

This is why you need to keep PS2 on motherboard.
but all they noobs rage when people keep them on.

Want to see a pic of the P87 Pro?

PS2 is on there, just as it should be. I don't know what you're ranting about.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SadSoul
View Post

Senior mod?

Personal insults

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
asus software is just rubbish just like that epu crap.i love asus boards but they should stick to what they are good at.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by justarealguy
View Post

Want to see a pic of the P87 Pro?

PS2 is on there, just as it should be. I don't know what you're ranting about.

Personal insults

I believe that he is ranting about people ranting about motherboard manufactures including PS/2 instead of adding more ports that they use.

I hope that these problems are not wide spread. This is the motherboard that my brother is thinking of getting.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts