Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 6600Gt1047
i want to make my own processor. what do i need to read up on?
That is some touch engineering, are you sure you want to try?

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, im fed up with INTEL and AMD and miicrosoft and i want to make the best i can make!

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
lol Get a PhD in electrical engineering and microprocessor theory and operation, then get the hundred or so million dollars for the machinery and then come talk to us...

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Joking?

This is impossible to do in your garden shed you know....

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
well, there would be some very intricate machining processes involved, intel and AMD make so much money to pay off those machines because they mass-produce them. the only way you could break even is if you produced so many of the processors you'd even out costs w/ sales. but back on topic, you need a lot of specialized machinery to perform micro welds and cuts.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont thin kso. OS easier? I dont want to buy the NEXT P5 or the AMd... i want my own and my own os.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Look guys, on that little square of silicon there are over 80 MILLION transistors that are only .13 microns, 130 NANOmeters big... it is impossible to "make your own processor" sorry.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
not to mention u would need a new chipset and motherboard to go along with the processor....

so it would probly cost like $50,000,000 to do that...and im pretty sure u dont have that kinda cash

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
You know there's a reason we pay $200+ for our processors, there's a lot of work, a lot of refining, a lot of science, and a lot of money tied up in that industry...
Better get to learning some serious coding to make your own OS.

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Quote:

even just 1?

It ain't possible. Forget it

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Quote:

i want to make my own processor. what do i need to read up on?

ya make ur own processor and name it after this forum

Overclock cpu!!!

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
it's not just about chucking bits of plastic and wire together. Processors need memory modules to store information and they to store instruction sets and thats what tells a processor how to do it's job.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
A CRAP load of software knowledge and coding abilities...
Look dude, unless you're willing to dedicate your whole life to this pursuit, it's a pipe dream that'll never happen.

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Has to be one of the most stupid threads ever...

Even the buildings where CPUs are made cost millions because there buildings inside building that have to be made so vibrations from roads or the earth dont effect the machinery.

Then the guys n gals who work in them work 12hour shifts because it takes so long for them to get cleaned up to enter the work area. They go through about 8 different cleaning rooms before being allowed in the white rooms as there called.

·
Banned
955 Posts
Quote:

i dont thin kso. OS easier? I dont want to buy the NEXT P5 or the AMd... i want my own and my own os.

ok you are officially bubble boy. day in and day out you never cease to amaze me with what is either a complete lack of understanding of the world... or a big joke that you dont realize is played out and not funny... no offense... but your parents need to sit with you and explain the world to you... think... there are 2 main CPU making companies... and what 2 others maybe 3 that exist totalling to about 5 in the world... now think about books music and such... they are plenty because they are simple.... to make your own CPU you would need the knowledge... the machinery... and you would probably also have to create a motherboard because it would be illegal to use the mobos that exist now because the sockets are patented and this would break some rule... also realize that most cpus are created by a team of engineers... not just some guy in a basement... and even an OS would be more work than its work... the closest is a completely bare linux... look for Linux From Scratch which i know is beyond your level... windows sucks... linux sucks less... computers suck period... but learn to work with them and they'll work for you.... theres always macintosh....

EDIT: Yiffy everyone... just be honest and say no you CANT MAKE A CPU... it is an impossibility... unless you were somehow able to topple MS and become rich enough to pay someone to make you one...

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.