Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. My brother wants to make his PS3 wireless.

I've been Googling but I'm not sure if this is the right thing he needs; a lot of the products that come up are pretty old--deactivated on the egg.

Is this what he needs to buy: Wireless-N Ethernet Bridge with Dual-Band WET610N?

Thanks.

·
Banned
1,479 Posts
I guess he has one of the launch models that didnt come with wirless? All current ps3's have built in wirless now so there would be no reason to buy this unless you want to upgrade to wirless n.

You should also make sure your router has wirless n because unless you plan on upgrading it would be a waste to get something so expensive.

Even so I think 100$ is a bit expensive, I would look around and see if theres anythign comperable for a cheaper price.

·
Premium Member
4,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@ JUGGALO, cool. I'll probably be going over there later this evening to talk to him and I'll show him that video. My brother is a splurger so to him money isn't really an issue. *Bookmarked.

@kmo 9000, Umm, I'm not even sure when he bought the PS3. He just called me during his lunch break and told me he was messing with it last night and couldn't get it to work.... Not having any idea how to make a PS3 wireless I didn't even know what questions to ask him. But of course he sends me off to Google Land to find the fix.

Guess it's the Linksys and looking for tuts.

·
I might have tacos tonite
22,339 Posts
Unless he got the 20gb original launch way back when the ps3 first came out, the console has wireless built in. You will need a wireless router on the network if there isn't one to send out the signal of course.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts