Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use Everest to check stuff on my system, and it says my Video BIOS is out of date, how can I upgrade this? I have upgraded my system BIOS but have no idea where to start to upgrading my Video BIOS.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by brahmabull754
I use Everest to check stuff on my system, and it says my Video BIOS is out of date, how can I upgrade this? I have upgraded my system BIOS but have no idea where to start to upgrading my Video BIOS.
Video bios... If your video card is working fine you shouldnt even bother flashing it.

If for whatever reason the flash goes bad, you would need a pci video card to be able to flash back to your old bios... It's not worth the risk if there's no current issues with your video card.

·
Some call me... Bifford
5,265 Posts
I have found that both Everest and Sandra complain waaaay too much about stuff that really doesn't matter.

What is your problem?

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

I am having problems with it
Then you should check your vid card manufacturer's website for a firmware upgrade for you card, which in most cases included an installion tutorial.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lostnhell
Then you should check your vid card manufacturer's website for a firmware upgrade for you card, which in most cases included an installion tutorial.
I don't see any firmware links on ATi's site, my card is an ATi-built 9700 Pro

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
You need 2 floppy disks.

One of the floppy disks you need to make it a bootdisk... you can download a boot disk image from bootdisk.com or can just right click A:\\ drive and choose format. From the format window, check the create an MS-DOS startup disk option and click 'ok.

Then download ATI Bios Flashing Utility
You can find bios for you card here.

Then on the 2nd floppy put both files the bios you downloaded and the bios flashing utility.

Boot your computer with the dos startup disk in drive a, then when you get to the command promp replace the disk with the 2nd floppy.

At the command promt type Flshbios -p 0 yourbiosfile.exe

(yourbiosfile = whatever the name of the bios file you downloaded..)

If you're using a diffrent bios from a different manufacturer(not recommended) you can type flashrom -f -p 0 yourbiosfile.exe to force the flash.

When the process if done, restart, and you have flashed

sometimes drivers go crazy when you flash, so it's good to reinstall them after flashing.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

I have tried both the latest ATi drivers and Omega drivers, and I have the same problem.
Then there is a conflict between the windows default drivers and the ones that you had installed, I cannot remember the resolution but you will find many threads that address your issue on the forum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts