Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im making a gaming pc and i wanna know if the "AMD A8 3850 APU" can run counter-strike 1.6 with a SOLID 100 fps (no video card just using the APU)

and i was wondering if i can using ANY ATI card to use the dual graphics with the apu

and theres a new amd cpu coming out called the bulldozer and is the bulldozer a APU or jsut a cpu? and can i use the bulldozer with this mobo - F1A75-M PRO http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD...M1/F1A75M_PRO/ also if u look at specifications it say "Supports DVI with max. resolution 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz" does that mean my 120hz monitor (VG236HE) cant run in 120z?

and does anyone know any COOL looking amd cpu coolers for the AMD A8 3850

i only play maplestory and counter strike 1.6 so i dont think i need a video card if the apu does all the work

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
CS 1.6 won't give the APU any problems.
Bulldozer is a dedicated CPU, not an APU.
BD based APU will be released next year called codename Trinity.

FM1 supports AM2 and above coolers.

·
Testing...
3,246 Posts
Heh, you don't even need an APU to play those games.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by S.M.
View Post

Heh, you don't even need an APU to play those games.

thx guys

i know i dont need a apu but im always the guy that sends so much money on pc stuff and now i wanna save money so i jsut wanna roll with a apu but if i was gonna get a video card it would be this http://www.tigerdirect.ca/include/Ad...6790&imgcart=1 omg it looks soooo cool i only like it cuz of the looks

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
and i was wondering if i can using ANY ATI card to use the dual graphics with the apu

and this mobo - F1A75-M PRO http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD...M1/F1A75M_PRO/ if u look at specifications it say "Supports DVI with max. resolution 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz" does that mean my 120hz monitor (VG236HE) cant run in 120z?

and does anyone know any COOL looking amd cpu coolers for the AMD A8 3850

·
Registered
371 Posts
I've just build a system for a friend using A8, and latest ATI card for crossfire can be 6670, from personal experience even 6450 in CF with SUMO-A8 wasn't bad at all for Crisis2

·
Registered
866 Posts
Bulldozer is a CPU and its unannounced what socket it is, I think it'll be AM3 but AMD could make it a new socket like AM4. If you want a bulldozer I suggest getting a AM3+ motherboard and a decent Quad and wait for the bulldozer to come out if you are itching to build now.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by famous1994;14197088
Bulldozer is a CPU and its unannounced what socket it is, I think it'll be AM3 but AMD could make it a new socket like AM4. If you want a bulldozer I suggest getting a AM3+ motherboard and a decent Quad and wait for the bulldozer to come out if you are itching to build now.
read the other comments cuz i dont need help with the bulldozer anymore

1 - 16 of 16 Posts