Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Not new to overclock.net
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, all my gear is in the sig. I am going to attempt 5ghz this weekend. Generally speaking, what are the settings/ranges I will want to be in in order to hit 5ghz? I have g skill sniper 1600 ram (o.c. to 1866 at 1.35v) but Im thinking that turning it down to 1333 or at least 1600 will take some stress off the chip? Im at ultra LLC now, so Im making the assumption that Extreme will be required off the bat, is that wrong? Also, will disabling internal PLL over voltage add to the probability of success?

Current clocks:

hyper threading on
offset -.010 at 4.5ghz (1.34v on load)

ram at 1866 o.c. from 1600 (1.35v and 10 10 10 25 timing.)

h-50 with 2 yate loon 2k rpm fans in push pull hitting mid 70's on load. (although I will have a couple big fans on full blast for these benches)

·
Registered
194 Posts
There is a lot to say in one post about all of the different and recommended values and such, and doing a simple explanation here wouldn't do much in my opinion when you can get a detailed explanation of everything so here is a very good link that takes your 2500k/2600k to 4.7ghz, but with the knowledge learned here, you can easily reach 5GHz as long you got good cooling, temps below 85C and hopefully an awesome chip that won't need 1.5v. Here is the guide that i used.

http://www.clunk.org.uk/forums/overclocking/39184-p67-sandy-bridge-overclocking-guide-beginners.html

·
Registered
870 Posts
Good Luck. Keep your eyes peeled your errors and watch those temps and volts!
thumb.gif

·
Registered
210 Posts
I hit 5ghz on my 2500k following the "sandy bridge stable guide" or whatever the hell it was called. Its here on OCN. I booted into Windows at 1.47vcore but I'm on a lower end air cooler and my temps quickly went to 81c under prime95 before all 4 workers failing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts