Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I was wondering, does anyone know how to make RAM? It would be pretty cool to actually know how and try for a project LOL.

Thanks Guys,
Nick

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
RAM is made on 6 layer PCB by the same type of machines they use to make motherboards, it would be virtually impossible to make your own RAM unless you have access to those types of machines.

·
Registered
698 Posts
well considering what a PCB actually is, you could do it with several pieces of breadboard and jumper wires. But you would probably want to kill yourself way before you actually ended up with a working prototype.

·
Registered
698 Posts
not specifically no. Let me get back to you in 3.5 to 5.5 years okay?

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
they use like above posts stated, pcb's that are (i think) laser inscribed with pathways, then the actual chips are made in china (or wherever overseas) and then shipped in their own special box over to the us of a where they are put into the pcb's....no idea how to make a chip though

·
Registered
698 Posts
Or I'll be able to explain it since by 3.5 I'll have a B.S in EE and 5.5 a M.S in Computer Engeneering

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by atvkid1090
they use like above posts stated, pcb's that are (i think) laser inscribed with pathways, then the actual chips are made in china (or wherever overseas) and then shipped in their own special box over to the us of a where they are put into the pcb's....no idea how to make a chip though
Most stuff, chips, pcb, etc.. are made in taiwan

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
you bet.it's just that the compainies that make the chips make a FORTUNE cuz everyone over in taiwan, china, the phillipines, etc. get like minimum wage, which is next to nothing...

·
Registered
126 Posts
hey cool i might be able to help you out with that too, in about 5 years, i'll have a BaSc in Comp Eng, hopefully if i decide to switch to that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts