Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Twin Turbski
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This one is a little different. Not sure how well it's going to work out, but here is what I have in mind. And hopefully everyone can compete, regardless of hardware, and have some fun doing it. This will be a challenge to members to achieve the highest clock speed possible with a core voltage of no greater than 1.000v.

Leaderboard:
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Technology

Doesn't have to be long term stable, it just needs to be stable enough for your to get the screen grab, and successfully pass the CPU-z benchmark test. Nothing else involved, other than setting your vcore in the BIOS and then tweaking / tuning the system for maximum clock speed at that (1.000v) voltage. Please post a snip of your CPUz tab showing frequency and voltage, as well as the benchmark tab (as seen below) . And any other relevant info you want to share about your system as well.

RULES
-With LLC and a host of other variables, there will obviously be a range of acceptable voltages -- you will not always hit exactly 1.000v core, but the voltage reported by CPUz in your submission must be within ~ 2% of the mandatory 1.000v
-Hardware/BIOS manipulation ONLY.
You need to do this from the BIOS, because otherwise people will boot into windows and use software to drop the voltage down. That's not the point here. We are looking to demonstrate the ability of the CPU to work correctly on boot up. NOT to boot on a higher voltage and after the CPU has run through all it's tasks, then lower it. If something looks suspect, I might ask for more details before I allow the submission. If you cheat we will know and you will be disqualified! lol
-Member with the highest CPU clock frequency at that voltage will be the winner. There will be a mandatory second round for the winner to fully demonstrate and prove his result is legit.
-Feel free to offer recommendations or thoughts on how to make this more competitive, if you wish.
-If we get enough interest I will start a leaderboard.
-Also keep your eyes open in this subforum for the Wprime benchmark comp I will be starting later today.
-You must use override mode for this test, so VCORE MUST be static.
If you use adaptive mode or other vcore application modes, this will skew the results, as they can report much higher clock speeds and very low voltages, until the CPU is loaded up, so any other vcore mode is banned except override.

Example submission (please follow this layout)
Rectangle Font Material property Screenshot Parallel

• Rep+
Reactions: xH2L

·
Gamer and overclocker !
2,486 Posts
Or my 5900X ;)

• Rep+
Reactions: Mord

·
Registered
92 Posts
This is intriguing. My 5960X could probably squeak by with 4.0GHz. I could probably drop the ring multiplier into the basement and get just a smidge more. The only problem is that I'm very reluctant to boot with not-actually-stable settings on this machine. ASUS X99 boards do some very naughty things under those conditions.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
One sec booting pc. Can i disable cores? Or do i need full enable.

·
Twin Turbski
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
One sec booting pc. Can i disable cores? Or do i need full enable.
Yeah I dont know if we can pull this off but I figured I'd at least put it out there and see if we get any bites.

In terms of cores, you can disable as many as you want.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Yeah I dont know if we can pull this off but I figured I'd at least put it out there and see if we get any bites.

In terms of cores, you can disable as many as you want.
This is gonna be riddled with 5.3+ghz 10900s and 11900ks. Hell i can boot 4.9 1.0vcore on a 7800x with 2 cores active lol

·
Twin Turbski
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is gonna be riddled with 5.3+ghz 10900s and 11900ks. Hell i can boot 4.9 1.0vcore on a 7800x with 2 cores active lol
What do you think we should do? Drop the requirement down to .5v??

·
Senior Overclocker
5,132 Posts
What do you think we should do? Drop the requirement down to .5v??
I think we should just keep the CPU stock and see how high we can get with 1.0v fixed. Disabling cores takes all the fun out of it, as we'll just have a lot of 2 core CPUs pushing close to 5Ghz or over and that just makes no sense anymore.

• Rep+
Reactions: storm-chaser

·
Twin Turbski
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Okay, so lets do that. No disabling cores, whatsoever. 1.0v requirement stays. Again, you have to pass the quick CPUz benchmark and post those results with your highest achieved clock speed.

·
Cheesebumps!!
3,045 Posts
Okay, so lets do that. No disabling cores, whatsoever. 1.0v requirement stays. Again, you have to pass the quick CPUz benchmark and post those results with your highest achieved clock speed.
you should also make it clear if SMT/HT would be enabled/disabled for fairness..as we all obnoxiously know that would also have an impact on the OC of the chip specially with limited voltage..(well except for those who doesn't have SMT/HT feature)

·
Twin Turbski
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lets see what ya got!
Rectangle Font Material property Screenshot Parallel

·
Registered
49 Posts
Here is my submission im not sure is 1.074 is within 2% please lmk if it isnt ill drop the clocks a little lower but the only way I could get 1.000v in my bios was fixed EDIT: just realized this is way to high I have to be 1.02 tops ill adjust the clocks and try again
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Software

·
Twin Turbski
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here is my submission im not sure is 1.074 is within 2% please lmk if it isnt ill drop the clocks a little lower but the only way I could get 1.000v in my bios was fixed EDIT: just realized this is way to high I have to be 1.02 tops ill adjust the clocks and try again View attachment 2526166
Yeah, to make it easier than percentages, we will just say the voltage range will be up to 20mv above/below 1.000v. In other words, nothing above 1.020v will be allowed.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts