Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

· Twin Turbski
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This one is a little different. This will be a challenge to members to achieve the highest clock speed possible with a core voltage of no greater than 1.000v. The original posting was more brainstorming than anything else, however, it has been resurrected from the dead so I've decided to continue updating the leaderboard. Feel free to scan through the thread to get a better idea as to what we are looking for.

Leaderboard:
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Technology

Layout Example (please include HWinfo display of vcore with your result)

Rectangle Font Screenshot Technology Electronic device

Attachments

• Rep+
Reactions: xH2L

· Gamer and overclocker !
3,629 Posts
Or my 5900X ;)

• Rep+
Reactions: Mord

· Registered
410 Posts
This is intriguing. My 5960X could probably squeak by with 4.0GHz. I could probably drop the ring multiplier into the basement and get just a smidge more. The only problem is that I'm very reluctant to boot with not-actually-stable settings on this machine. ASUS X99 boards do some very naughty things under those conditions.

· Registered
4,127 Posts
One sec booting pc. Can i disable cores? Or do i need full enable.

· Twin Turbski
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
One sec booting pc. Can i disable cores? Or do i need full enable.
Yeah I dont know if we can pull this off but I figured I'd at least put it out there and see if we get any bites.

In terms of cores, you can disable as many as you want.

· Registered
4,127 Posts
Yeah I dont know if we can pull this off but I figured I'd at least put it out there and see if we get any bites.

In terms of cores, you can disable as many as you want.
This is gonna be riddled with 5.3+ghz 10900s and 11900ks. Hell i can boot 4.9 1.0vcore on a 7800x with 2 cores active lol

· Twin Turbski
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is gonna be riddled with 5.3+ghz 10900s and 11900ks. Hell i can boot 4.9 1.0vcore on a 7800x with 2 cores active lol
What do you think we should do? Drop the requirement down to .5v??

· Senior Overclocker
5,398 Posts
What do you think we should do? Drop the requirement down to .5v??
I think we should just keep the CPU stock and see how high we can get with 1.0v fixed. Disabling cores takes all the fun out of it, as we'll just have a lot of 2 core CPUs pushing close to 5Ghz or over and that just makes no sense anymore.

• Rep+
Reactions: storm-chaser

· Twin Turbski
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Okay, so lets do that. No disabling cores, whatsoever. 1.0v requirement stays. Again, you have to pass the quick CPUz benchmark and post those results with your highest achieved clock speed.

· Cheesebumps!!
3,800 Posts
Okay, so lets do that. No disabling cores, whatsoever. 1.0v requirement stays. Again, you have to pass the quick CPUz benchmark and post those results with your highest achieved clock speed.
you should also make it clear if SMT/HT would be enabled/disabled for fairness..as we all obnoxiously know that would also have an impact on the OC of the chip specially with limited voltage..(well except for those who doesn't have SMT/HT feature)

· Twin Turbski
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lets see what ya got!
Rectangle Font Material property Screenshot Parallel

· Twin Turbski
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here is my submission im not sure is 1.074 is within 2% please lmk if it isnt ill drop the clocks a little lower but the only way I could get 1.000v in my bios was fixed EDIT: just realized this is way to high I have to be 1.02 tops ill adjust the clocks and try again View attachment 2526166
Yeah, to make it easier than percentages, we will just say the voltage range will be up to 20mv above/below 1.000v. In other words, nothing above 1.020v will be allowed.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts