Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now that everybody is looking at getting a 1080 I've been hearing a lot about the thermal throttling that is possible which makes me want to use a manual/variable fan controller (like the zalman fan mate 2) so that I don't have to worry about the fan going up and down speed-wise when I'm playing a game. I'd rather have it run 100% all the time like my CPU fan does so the card doesn't thermal throttle itself. The only problem I'm having is how do I modify the fan wires to put in a variable fan speed controller in there with it the 1080 card having a fit software wise? Can I get adapters for the zalman fan controller and just plug and play with the fan speed? Is rather not mutilate my new 1080 so adapters would be the best way. Also I can solder if need be I just need guidance. Trying to get a parts list together so I can just control it manually on the fly (take the software control completely out of the picture). And I'm aware that there will be extra noise which I don't care about lol.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts