Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Tech Enthusiast
12,388 Posts
Reservoir to pump to whatever you want and back to the reservoir.

·
Banned
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by deafboy View Post

Reservoir to pump to whatever you want and back to the reservoir.
how do i do since the XSPC has a pump inside the reservoir?

also to prime do i just fill up the pump completely and run it or is there a trick?

the reason i ask is because i am assuming if i have the pump flow to the RADIATOR before the cpu block the water will be cooler?

but if the water from the pump flows to the cpu it will still be cool considering it will go to the radiator after?

i know there has to be a proper way

·
Tech Enthusiast
12,388 Posts

·
Banned
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by deafboy View Post

If the pump is part of the reservoir then you're set. Reservoir to whatever you want back to the reservoir. Fill it up, run it, let it work it's way through the loop, fill as needed. Just don't let the pump run dry and keep your eyes open for leaks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMxODrFhZf0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx_jMkwTAxA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_UaiDQYh70
should i set my loop through the radiator then to the cpu or to the cpu then the radiator?

technically the water would be getting cooled before or after, but in a liquid cooling whats safer ? please dont tell me it doesnt matter
frown.gif

·
Premium Member
4,898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrWhopper View Post

should i set my loop through the radiator then to the cpu or to the cpu then the radiator?

technically the water would be getting cooled before or after, but in a liquid cooling whats safer ? please dont tell me it doesnt matter
frown.gif
It really doesn't matter though. The temp difference between the coolant before and after the radiator will only be 1-2C. Even with my 6x120mm of total radiator space there is only a 2C difference between before and after the radiators(240 flows to 480). The coolant will eventually come to an equilibrium across the whole loop and will be within a few degrees. It's personal preference how you want to order your loop. Which ever way uses the least amount if tubing is what I'd recommend

·
Banned
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks man, makes sense when you put it that way...

since im getting the XSPC 750 raystorm rx240, the pump is in the res... how do i set up a drain line, i just want to plan ahead for when i drain the system to change either D.water or coolant, i read another thread and i dont want to have the insignificance of having to plan this later

my shipment should be arriving today!

·
Dazed and Confused
444 Posts
You can put a "T" line in the lowest part of your loop. Some people put a quick disconnect in. I have a multi-port rad (mounted in the bottom of the case) with a valve so all I have to do is hook up the tube and turn the valve and it drains the loop.

·
Banned
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad692000 View Post

You can put a "T" line in the lowest part of your loop. Some people put a quick disconnect in. I have a multi-port rad (mounted in the bottom of the case) with a valve so all I have to do is hook up the tube and turn the valve and it drains the loop.
if i dont do this am i screwed later? i cant wait to order more parts, they would arrive next week and ive already been patiently waiting for this
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

·
Registered
165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrWhopper View Post

if i dont do this am i screwed later? i cant wait to order more parts, they would arrive next week and ive already been patiently waiting for this
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
Drain line is not essential at all. It's just for your convenience.

A popular way to drain without drain line is as follows. Whenever tear down is needed, you can just get a small bucket and two clamps to hold two ends of a tube in the bottom side of your loop. Cut the middle of the tube with scissors and carefully let the spill go inside the bucket. Then you can remove one of the clamp to drain the rest of your coolant.

If you think you're gonna stick to your build for a while, you're good to go without any drain line.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts