Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 295 Posts

·
Typo Elemental
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

----> SIGN UP HERE <----

Notice: You are now required to sign up each month, be sure to sign up for this month's event and each event going forward

What is the Foldathon?

Every month we hold a Foldathon, or FAT for short. The FAT is a mad dash over a 2 day period where we fold on as much hardware as we can get our grubby fingers on and try to amass the most points possible. It is winner takes all. Okay, that's not true, but if you're lucky you might win something, probably not, but you will have made a honorable contribution to the science behind [email protected] What is that science you're probably asking, have a gander over here to learn more. All units crunched for team 37726 count, even if you can only manage to complete one unit, but if you're already a folder, there's no excuse for not folding for the full 48 hours

How it works:

Sign-up and run [email protected] for Overclock.net (team number: 37726) during the specified times. Those who Fold will be entered into a drawing to win the prizes listed below. If you still don't know what [email protected] is or need some help getting started, feel free to post here, make a thread in the Overclock.net [email protected] Team forum or check this guide: FAHControl v7 for both CPU and GPU

----> SIGN UP HERE <----

You can verify whether or not you're signed up by looking for your name here in the member list.

If you don't submit any points during a Foldathon, you will be removed from the list, this is to push for active participation in the event.

You are required to re-sign up each month for the prize option, this is to hopefully push a little more active participation in the event as well and prevent prizes going to people who aren't active in the community.

When:

March 2020 Foldathon - Monday 16th - Wednesday 18th - 1200 ET/1600 UTC

----> Countdown to Start <----​

Reminders:

If you would like to be put on a reminder list for all future Foldathons, please join this group: Foldathon Participants

If you would like to be notified via Private Message, please send a private message Simmons572 to be added to the notification group.

Prize Winners:

- x5 OCN Premium Accounts - 1 Year Subscription

- x3 $25 Paypal Prize

- x1 $50 Paypal Prize

If you wish to donate a prize, shoot @lanofsong ,@Simmons572 or @axipher a PM

Prizes will be drawn on or around the following Monday after the event.
After accepting a prize in any given monthly folding event, members will sit out two events before becoming eligible for prizes again. This is to hopefully spread the kindly donated items amongst the OCN folding community more fairly.

Stats:

http://folding.axihub.ca/foldathon.php

http://folding.axihub.ca/foldathonteam.php

·
Typo Elemental
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Don't have my folding rigs live yet, but I will try to have them up soon!

·
OC...D
27,802 Posts
in. :)

·
Not new to Overclock.net
2,868 Posts
In.

·
Premium Member
2,416 Posts
I'm in!

·
Hardware Maniac
3,332 Posts
Am in. Folding on my i5 8300h 50k PPD and rx 580 350k ppd. Cant fold on 1050ti laptop freeze on restart. :D

·
Professional Lurker
1,138 Posts
in

·
SubZero is the Goal
1,562 Posts
In, looked at stats for the first time in a while... my how far I have fallen lol. Looking forward to see how my 2080 does this time XD

·
Typo Elemental
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In, looked at stats for the first time in a while... my how far I have fallen lol. Looking forward to see how my 2080 does this time XD
You should be in for a treat with that card. It's a solid output, for sure.

·
Water-cooler
1,681 Posts
In!

·
I can count to potato
743 Posts
I'm in. This will be my first foldathon so I'm excited to see how it goes.

·
OC...D
27,802 Posts

Attachments

·
Typo Elemental
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Source

As I am sure many of you are aware, the OCN Folding team holds it's monthly Foldathon's, and we are regularly giving away various prizes to participants. However, this month, with Stanford's announcement of this new research unit, Team 37726 is making a bigger push to have more and more individuals contribute to the cause. If you spare hardware cycles, from Noon EST March 16th - Noon EST March 18th, Team 37726 want's your help! Please stop by the March FAT thread for more information, and we are completely willing to assist you with getting the FAT client configured.
Posted this in the Tech and Science news forum. If you all haven't seen the announcement from Stanford yet, they have started pushing out new WU's to focus efforts of Corona Virus research. Let's make this month a good one people!

·
Professional Lurker
1,138 Posts
There is a thread in the beta forum listing the new projects for COVID-19:

11741: Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19 causing virus) receptor binding domain in complex with human receptor ACE2. atoms: 165550, credit: 15396

11742: Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19 causing virus) protease in complex with an inhibitor. atoms: 62227, credit: 9405

11743: Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19 causing virus) protease - potential drug target. atoms: 62180, credit: 9405

11744: Coronavirus SARS-CoV (SARS causing virus) receptor binding domain trapped by a SARS-CoV S230 antibody. atoms: 109578, credit: 7608

11745: Coronavirus SARS-CoV (SARS causing virus) receptor binding domain mutated to the SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19 causing virus) trapped by a SARS-CoV S230 antibody. atoms: 110370, credit: 7685

11746: Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19 causing virus) receptor binding domain in complex with human receptor ACE2 (alternative structure to 11741). atoms: 182699, credit: 16615
The post from yesterday stated that the projects would be moved to normal and advanced if there are no issues. They may already be available.

In another thread, people were asking about the possibility of selecting COVID-19 priority in FAHControl. Apparently this would require updating the program. Instead Stanford will likely set higher priority for the projects on their end, so we should just fold away. :thumb:

·
Water-cooler
1,681 Posts
Nice. Good info there. My rig has been up folding 24/7 for a while now. Just realized I crossed the 2.5 billion points milestone and month or so ago.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I'm in once I get my PC setup tonight.

·
Fold on!
6,815 Posts
Let's hope it makes a difference!
I'm still working on core 21's, but the advanced flag is on.
Let's see what I'll get..

·
Overclocking since 1998
931 Posts
Processing a 11742 right now! (running in beta mode)

1 - 20 of 295 Posts