Overclock.net banner

241 - 260 of 295 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Worked for me :confused:
I've been away for more than 8 years, and the first unit was with bonus points.
But I guess that doesn't mean it works for everyone.
I think it comes down to that issue where my points were nose-diving while waiting for the server to d/l results. I hadn't been watching that closely. I appreciate your help, though.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
2,868 Posts
Just closed my client. I was going to keep folding for the time being, considering the situation the entire world is in, but there's not much of a point when I'm struggling just to get units assigned to me.

Besides, it looks like my rig can do with a reboot.

·
Fold on!
6,815 Posts
I appreciate your help, though.
Not sure I was of any help, just killing time here :D

Just closed my client. I was going to keep folding for the time being, considering the situation the entire world is in, but there's not much of a point when I'm struggling just to get units assigned to me.
Besides, it looks like my rig can do with a reboot.
Thanks for the help, and see you soon!

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,416 Posts
I noticed that I've been struggling to DL new WUs myself, but I hadn't realized how much folding has exploded in the past few days. Awesome to see so many new and returning folders! I hope a lot of you can stay for the coming days, weeks, months, or maybe even years!

·
OC...D
27,802 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
You ever see anything like this (log file)? Multiple bad WUs from the Chodera lab?
I hadn't even checked the FAH client in probably a couple of months, it just runs typically. After awhile the logs get too much for HFM to handle and majorly lags my desktop when open. Just yesterday I added my Linux 1080 to my windows FAH client to monitor in an attempt to get tasks.

Bad batches happen though. If some get reported they can be blocked on their end.

·
SubZero is the Goal
1,562 Posts
980's still crunching numbers, 2080 and CPU are sleeping till next foldathon. TY everyone for your participation. hope to see you all again next month XD

·
Registered
977 Posts
I'm a little confused about HFM.NET. It's a monitoring application? I have my local machine Folding, but also 2 machines at a university I work at. I imagine getting network access to those guys is impossible, so I can't monitor those? I've been trying to work out if the points that are showing here for me are just my local points or all 3 machines. Little confused!

As everyone else has said though, great work all :) Proud that we can help in some way by staying at home, folding for the cause, and trying to maintain some degree of community.

·
Panzerjäger Tiger Ausf. B
800 Posts
Switched off gpu only, there is no reason to keep it on to get 1 or maybe 2 jobs per day....

·
Hardware Maniac
3,332 Posts
Was wondering why i had no work unit. that explain it.

·
Typo Elemental
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #252 (Edited)
Alright folks, so after a bunch of data scraping, this is the list of users I have for people who folded for this event who registered for prizes:

@Avacado
@azcrazy
@Bastiaan_NL
@behappy
@Ben Dover
@bfromcolo
@Cerberus
@CharliesTheMan
@Compaddict
@DarthBaggins
@drew630
@ducrider
@Dyson Poindexter
@Fluxmaven
@fragamemnon
@Go Gators!
@Greg121986
@gucci904
@HardheadedMurphy
@jagdtigger
@jarble
@JKuhn
@Jon01010
@k4m1k4z3
@Lexi is Dumb
@mkclan
@mmonnin
@NBrock
@NFSxperts
@NorthWoodPecker
@nova4005
@PACE
@ryan92084
@schmotty
@valvehead
@WonderMutt

If you are not on this list, you do want a prize, and can prove you did fold during the event, please PM me said proof. I would like to not clutter up this thread too much if at all possible.

Acceptable proof would include:
  • A link to your extremeoverclocking profile
  • A screenshot of a completed WU
  • A screenshot of HFM stats
  • Or, some other viable stat that works out

I will give you all until this Monday to make prize winner selections :thumb:

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Rosetta is working on studying COVID proteins for CPUs.
https://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/forum_thread.php?id=13533#91772

"We are happy to report that the Rosetta molecular modeling suite was recently used to accurately predict the atomic-scale structure of an important coronavirus protein weeks before it could be measured in the lab. Knowledge gained from studying this viral protein is now being used to guide the design of novel vaccines and antiviral drugs."

GPU Grid will have some GPU work available at some time:
https://www.gpugrid.net/forum_thread.php?id=5078&nowrap=true#53923

·
Graphic Card Addiction
4,035 Posts
Rosetta is working on studying COVID proteins for CPUs.
https://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/forum_thread.php?id=13533#91772

"We are happy to report that the Rosetta molecular modeling suite was recently used to accurately predict the atomic-scale structure of an important coronavirus protein weeks before it could be measured in the lab. Knowledge gained from studying this viral protein is now being used to guide the design of novel vaccines and antiviral drugs."

GPU Grid will have some GPU work available at some time:
https://www.gpugrid.net/forum_thread.php?id=5078&nowrap=true#53923
Cool....I have Bionic running, but it's not using my GPU at all. :(

EDIT: I think I got it figured out....lol I added Rosetta and GPUGrid....it's hammering away on both CPU/GPU now!...:thumb:

·
Typo Elemental
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #255
Editted the prize pool list :thumb:

Thanks for the submissions everyone!

·
Registered
977 Posts

·
OC...D
27,802 Posts

·
Typo Elemental
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #258

·
Premium Member
16,550 Posts
Hey guys,

Haven't Folded in almost 10 years, count me even if it's outside the Foldathon. :)

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
241 - 260 of 295 Posts