Overclock.net banner

261 - 280 of 295 Posts

·
Rig Advisor
2,232 Posts

·
OC...D
27,802 Posts
Annnnnnndddddd, that is why we small folk didn't have any WU's. Riddle solved.
you'd think that with the crash of bitcoin, they would mine cheap.

Attachments

·
Folding Fanatic
1,443 Posts
Annnnnnndddddd, that is why we small folk didn't have any WU's. Riddle solved.

Came here looking for something along these lines, not disappointed (at least in finding out why). Right after I got a second 2080 too :-\

·
Typo Elemental
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
Good news I have been seeing is that LTT is going to be hosting a WU distribution server soon to help alleviate the load from all the new users. Apparently the thing Stanford is getting choked out on is primarily ISP bandwidth limitations.

·
Fold on!
6,815 Posts
Good news I have been seeing is that LTT is going to be hosting a WU distribution server soon to help alleviate the load from all the new users. Apparently the thing Stanford is getting choked out on is primarily ISP bandwidth limitations.
That is good news indeed! :wheee:
It would be nice to just let the system do its thing, instead of waiting for a new unit :D

·
Rig Advisor
2,232 Posts
@simmons, When will the final tally be announced?

·
Typo Elemental
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #268

·
Untitled.jpg
885 Posts
Curious, how likely am I to run into issues if I put say a 2060 or 2070 as a secondary GPU into my system to dedicate to folding? Cause it'd make folding a lot easier for future events if i don't lose usability on my only system lol.

·
Rig Advisor
2,232 Posts
Curious, how likely am I to run into issues if I put say a 2060 or 2070 as a secondary GPU into my system to dedicate to folding? Cause it'd make folding a lot easier for future events if i don't lose usability on my only system lol.
No issues at all, I do it all the time. Just make sure your PSU and UPS can handle the power draw on the load.

·
OC...D
27,802 Posts
G,Day
just wanted to see if this looks right. for couple days folding for OCN

thx in advance
looks great! Now what we all need is more work units for GPUs. Miners should flee soon since the value of bitcoin has cratered. ;)

·
Typo Elemental
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #273
Morning everyone! Sorry for the radio silence, but I just finished my move, and am now getting settled in with the new job.

As a note, at the time of posting, I do not have OC'd account winners verified or selected. I will try to have that addressed this evening. OC'd account selection will be handled by me, and I will ensure they are processed with the Prize winners.

For the prize winners:

Prize Winners:

- x5 OCN Premium Accounts - 1 Year Subscription

@Jon01010
@Compaddict
@Avacado
@Fluxmaven
@PACE

- x3 $25 Paypal Prize

@Dyson Poindexter
@schmotty
@HardheadedMurphy

- x1 $50 Paypal Prize

@ryan92084

For the folks who have won an OCN account, you do not have to do anything. Your OC'd account will be applied automatically after about a week.

For the folks who have won cash prizes, I will DM you the instructions on how to claim the prizes tonight. You have a one week window to claim your cash prize.

See you all in the March FAT!

·
Not new to Overclock.net
2,868 Posts
G,Day
just wanted to see if this looks right. for couple days folding for OCN

thx in advance

I don't think 6k per day is normal for a CPU. My 7500 gets closer to 15k if I remember right (can't check now, I'm on a fresh Windoze installation and don't have the folding client set up yet).

·
OC...D
27,802 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts

·
OC...D
27,802 Posts

Attachments

·
User of the PC
2,046 Posts
yeah - since about 3PM yesterday I've been getting WUs in a more "normal" manner.
Lucky you! I haven't had any since 9PM last night. No idea how the WU's are assigned. Either way its good to see an influx in folders.

261 - 280 of 295 Posts