·
OC...D
28,304 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: Bastiaan_NL and BWG

·
OC...D
28,304 Posts
Well I finally went and did a search so I didn't have to keep feeling ignorant every time someone says Kevdog's Law....

Now I'm wishing I hadn't made a joke about it, fairly certain my ass will be bitten sometime between March 15th and March 17th.
I figure my ignorance of this law will be my salvation! 🖖

·
OC...D
28,304 Posts
doing some warm up/testing... geeze there are some really high PPD work units out there!
Screenshot Font Rectangle Software Science

• Rep+
Reactions: Avacado

·
OC...D
28,304 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: Avacado

·
OC...D
28,304 Posts
^^ right clicked on that gif!

·
OC...D
28,304 Posts
When you think you're fast and this happens.
@Jpmboy What settings were you running on the Ti's when you saw the 12 mill ppd? Iv'e been on beta and have not seen that kind of output.
cores were at 2085, but it's really those specific work units. Same settings with the 13446 Wus, is ~9M. Hoping for some luck in the WU draw!

Love "Godzilla" in that pic. Crazy car.

·
OC...D
28,304 Posts
lol - you guys are creating a myth. Luckily it cooled down here in PA, else I gotta back down - it just gets too hot in the home office. (I have yet to fold with the VII and the 295x2/290 trio. Amazing card that 295x2 is... great FP64, and does approx 900K folding downclocked. They didn't name it Vesuvius by mistake!! )

·
OC...D
28,304 Posts
Funyy, I almost bought a 2950x2 off ebay, but the guy cancelled on me. I wish I would have gotten it.
Yeah, It's a surprising AMD oldie. Hot one tho. They should become available since the 4G per GPU has limited their use for mining... and that's where many have spent their life. I use mine in my main (now) work rig and for Boinc FP64 - it's an x79/4960X antique. Way back when, it was the best card for 4K gaming and I had pulled a 55" 4K/30 panel (no tuner or cable internals) off a pallet going to a buddies special effects rendering shop. These were some of the first 4K panels in the US. It died a year ago (light source died and replacing it was more expensive than buying a new 4K/60 panel!). The 295x2 has been a reliable workhorse.

Say - do we have a team tally link for the FAT?

·
OC...D
28,304 Posts
Nope, just what Bastiaan created for us 3 at the top.

Thanks. Yeah, Bas sent that over by PM. So, we lost aphixer?

·
OC...D
28,304 Posts

·
OC...D
28,304 Posts
Ugh, All i've been getting are these mediocre 13446 WUs. :cautious:

·
OC...D
28,304 Posts
some idiot looking to make up money lost. Problem is, there are idiots that would pay $3700 for a 3090, assuming USD.
Appropriate for FB users tho. 😋

might as well send money to the Nigerian prince that keeps asking.

·
OC...D
28,304 Posts
As Forest says... stupid is as stupid does. :)

·
OC...D
28,304 Posts
I'm gonna have to set these rigs to "Finish" the fat before I head out today...

·
OC...D
28,304 Posts
Yea you killed it. Just over 65 million. I hit a record for myself at 55 million.
So besides the google sheet you guys put up, is Extreme OC the place to see the team tally?

·
OC...D
28,304 Posts
Hey guys, I just had a convo with a tax attorney... so here's a "thesis" as to why miners would list GPUs on (goofy) places like Facebook at prices higher than MSRP: if they were to get one buyer at that high price, they then use that value (time-depreciated or not) as capital investment, along with any operating costs (electric, facilities, etc) against any gain made by the mining operation. Maybe, just maybe, any coin "manufactured" is only realized as a gain once it it used in a fiat-currency market - where the same goods or services can be purchased with a fiat-currency. So, that seller may have moved coin off the blockchain and needs to lower the tax exposure.
Just an idea, or conspiracy theory depending on which side of the tax table you sit. ;)

• Rep+
Reactions: BWG

·
OC...D
28,304 Posts
FAT for April??

·
OC...D
28,304 Posts
It was a question... I was FAT for March!
:)

• Rep+
Reactions: BWG
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.