Overclock.net banner

61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
OC...D
28,157 Posts
As Forest says... stupid is as stupid does. :)

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
As Forest says... stupid is as stupid does. :)
Exactly.I have been trying to upgrade these 1060's to some better cards and having no luck finding anything that is priced reasonably.I have two EVGA 3060's on the list but hell that might be 3-6 months before my number comes up.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,862 Posts
Reasonably priced graphics cards.... might as well be searching for unicorns.

·
OC...D
28,157 Posts
I'm gonna have to set these rigs to "Finish" the fat before I head out today...

·
Rig Advisor
3,381 Posts

·
OC...D
28,157 Posts
Yea you killed it. Just over 65 million. I hit a record for myself at 55 million.
So besides the google sheet you guys put up, is Extreme OC the place to see the team tally?

·
Rig Advisor
3,381 Posts

·
13,098 Posts
I didn't check the thread here, thought the points were running run since I was seeing the updates on me server and my embedded view of the GDocs, seems like GDocs might host multiple versions of the published view of the spreadsheet and some of them don't update as reliably as others.

·
OC...D
28,157 Posts
Hey guys, I just had a convo with a tax attorney... so here's a "thesis" as to why miners would list GPUs on (goofy) places like Facebook at prices higher than MSRP: if they were to get one buyer at that high price, they then use that value (time-depreciated or not) as capital investment, along with any operating costs (electric, facilities, etc) against any gain made by the mining operation. Maybe, just maybe, any coin "manufactured" is only realized as a gain once it it used in a fiat-currency market - where the same goods or services can be purchased with a fiat-currency. So, that seller may have moved coin off the blockchain and needs to lower the tax exposure.
Just an idea, or conspiracy theory depending on which side of the tax table you sit. ;)

• Rep+
Reactions: BWG

·
Rig Advisor
3,381 Posts
Hey guys, I just had a convo with a tax attorney... so here's a "thesis" as to why miners would list GPUs on (goofy) places like Facebook at prices higher than MSRP: if they were to get one buyer at that high price, they then use that value (time-depreciated or not) as capital investment, along with any operating costs (electric, facilities, etc) against any gain made by the mining operation. Maybe, just maybe, any coin "manufactured" is only realized as a gain once it it used in a fiat-currency market - where the same goods or services can be purchased with a fiat-currency. So, that seller may have moved coin off the blockchain and needs to lower the tax exposure.
Just an idea, or conspiracy theory depending on which side of the tax table you sit. ;)
Good theory. Personally, I can't wait to buy up cards from miners. Think about it, most cards are undervolted and run underclocked cores. I am so down to buy these well preserved cards. Not at 3k though :)

·
Registered
525 Posts
I struggled a bit with stupidity yesterday (my own) and went half the day with two cards down. Upside is that I'm running behind Bob, at least he has a nice backside.
Lol

• Rep+
Reactions: BWG

·
I can count to potato
856 Posts
Pinging the following:

@1Nexus1 @4thKor @808MP5 @aas88keyz @aBigRedBear @adcantu @Alatar @altsanity @ALUCARDVPR @aludka @AMITAYUS @andyv @animagr @Anonymous Inc @Anthony20022 @APhamX @Artah @arvidab @Asiqduah @ASUSfreak @axipher @Baldy @barkeater @beezweeky @benpack101 @bfromcolo @BiG_LiG @BiscuitHead @Blaise Pascal @Blizlake @bonami2 @bpmcleod @brandonspeed2006 @brodieboy143 @Brutuz @Buzzin92 @BWG @caffeinescandal @Ceadderman @CharliesTheMan @Chiobe @Chooofoojoo @Clockwerk @CloudX @colin niloc @Compaddict @compmaster @Cord78 @Cotton @CptAsian @crashnburn_819 @CravinR1 @CynicalUnicorn @d0mini @Dagamus NM @DaMirrorLink @Danbeme32 @Darkness Sakura @DARKxBASSxLORD @DarthBaggins @Dawnblade @dbrisc @DeadlyEmbrace @Deathclaw @Deedaz @Demous @Desolutional @Detahmaio @Detoxification @Dhoulmagus @Diber @Diffident @Dirtymax04 @dlewbell @DogeTactical @done12many2 @DonkEnterprises @doritos93 @DreadManD @DrFreeman35 @dudesquirrel @Eaglesfan251 @EddyBear @Eeyore888 @egerds @Egilman @Ehpik @El-Fuego @elchucko @Emissary of Pain @emoga @emperor886 @ENTERPRISE @epidemic @Epipo @ericeod @Erick Silver @error-id10t @EtoileYuki @fasttracker440 @Fir3Chi3f @FireBean @fogran @fragamemnon @FranZe @Freakn @Fuganater @funfortehfun @Fuzzywinks @G3N3R4L Bl4Nk5 @G18 x UK @Galciv12 @garancomfort @Gavush @Geeboi @General121 @Genesis1984 @George C @GerroffMe @gildadan @Gnomepatrol @Go Gators! @goodtobeking @Goof245 @gr3nd3l @GreedyMuffin @GREG MISO @grivy @Gualichu04 @Gungnir @Hackcremo @Hacksword @happynutz420 @HardheadedMurphy @Hattifnatten @hazara @Heedehcheenuh @Hello Man @hertz9753 @hli53194 @holgate @HothBase @hrockh @Hukkel @Hyoketsu @idaWHALE @importflip @Infer1or @infodump @InverseTundra @istudy92 @Ithanul @james41382 @Jamnbam @jarble @JayKthnx @Jayrock @Jbads @JedixJarf @jefflikesbagels @jellybeans69 @jesse1053 @jesusboots @Jim888 @JJEEGG2211 @JKuhn @joeh4384 @johnko1 @Jon01010 @josephimports @Jpmboy @jswan @Junglist-Jay @jwalker150 @Kalpa @Kenpachi7 @killerquag @Kimir @King Who Dat @Kinsey @kirklloyd @kishagi @Kitler @Klue22 @konspiracy @KoolDrew @kpforce1 @kremtok @Krusher33 @kyle170 @Kyronn94 @kzim9 @labnjab @langer1972 @lanofsong @LeadbyFaith21 @LED Guy @ledzepp3 @leekaiwei @Legonut @LemonSlice @lever2stacks @lilchronic @loki_reborn @Loosenut @LupineDream @luXfer @Maintenance Bot @Majorhi @makr @martinhal @matt9882 @MattyMatt @maximus7651000 @mbmumford @McPaste @megawatz @mega_option101 @Melieson @metro @mica3speedy @Mightylobo @Millillion @mindracer @mingqi53 @mironccr345 @mirzet1976 @Mitche01 @mixolyd @mkclan @mmonnin @Modrod @mossberg385t @MP-Canuck @Mr.Pie @msgclb @muels7 @mxfreek09 @my94r/t @nategr8ns @navjack27 @nawon72 @nbmjhk6 @NBrock @Nick the Slick @Nicnivian @Nigyl @Nom-Ent @NostraD @notyettoday @nova4005 @Noxialis @no_safe_HAVEN @Nude_Lewd_Man @numbrs @OCScrub @omega17 @ozyo @packerbackermk @pangallosr @Paul17041993 @PaulWuzHere @Pentium4 531 overclocker @Phenomanator53 @pic16f28 @Pidoma @PimpSkyline @Plooto @Preim @pwnography6 @Pwntastic @Quamba @Ramstone @rctrucker @Rebelord @RedM00N @RenHoakRex @repo_man @REPUBLICOFGAMER @royalflush5 @RushiMP @RyanRazer @sakae48 @SalisburySteak @Samurai707 @Samurai Batgirl @SavageShy @sayaman22 @scc28 @scubadiver59 @SDriver @SeD669 @SergeantCC4 @Seron @shad0wfax @shelter @shlunky @Shogon @shredded @Simmons572 @simonfredette @SkyFred @smandrews @Sniffer29 @solidshark91493 @solsamurai @Sparhawk @spdaimon @staccker @Starbomba @StealthKatana @SteamSpoon @Sterling7 @stickg1 @stolid @stratocastorNM @strych9 @STW1911 @superericla @SweetAndLow @sweffymo @T0MB0 @taotree @taowulf @TechCrazy @terraprime @Tex1954 @thebest @The Bubbly @theknappkin @themasterpiece1 @ThijsH @thunderkitty91 @tictoc @Tilux @TinDaDragon @tismon @tmontney @Tomus @TooManyToys NotEnoughTime @tpl2000 @tr3v @trumpet-205 @ugotd8 @uniwarking @utparatrooper @Velathawen @Volvo @VoodooKnight @VS88 @Wasseam @Whodie @WillyRay @WiSK @WonderMutt @Wyllliam @Xapoc @xenomorph113 @xer0h0ur @XPD541 @yaodin @yaywafflez @Yey09 @Yuhfhrh @Zantrill @Zzyzx @_TRU_ @____ @|3rutal1ty @bigjdubb @Avacado @Nikado7 @franz
Could I get in on this reminder list? I totally forgot about the foldathon this month.

·
OC...D
28,157 Posts
FAT for April??

61 - 80 of 83 Posts