Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is an awesome story real fast. i've been playing the hell out of mass effect 2, beat it on normal as an infiltrator, beat it on veteran as a sentinel, and on my favorite character of: soldier on insanity difficulty, have ever team member, tons of upgrades, am a complete badass, garrus and thane loyalty is all that is left.

step back a week: i install my SSD, install mass effect 2, and load my backed up saved game file of infiltrator shepard. i re-do the final mission to get my new character bonuses. i also buy and install lots of DLC.

fast forward today: my internet goes down while playing TF2 so i go for some mass effect 2, and while it loads i go get a drink. come back to Cerberus activation screen. "why so late for this?" i ask myself. enter my e-mail and PW and as i hit enter i remember my internet is down.

"could not contact EA netword try again later"

and BOOM everything is deleted.

good game. ***. haha. while it royaly blows, at least i got left 4 dead 2 and borderlands all for under 13 dollars, and TF2 just got my attention again.

and at least i wasn't SO addicted that i lost my **** like this guy:

·
I'm gonna need a sweeper
7,568 Posts
Do what I do and have the saves backed up in Dropbox, on my external HDD, on my other rig, on another HDD and on my flash drive - it wouldn't happen again, that's for sure.

Shame they went, you could always just do it again though, or use the save editor to make yourself a save that's close enough to your old ones.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fusion Racing
View Post

Do what I do and have the saves backed up in Dropbox, on my external HDD, on my other rig, on another HDD and on my flash drive - it wouldn't happen again, that's for sure.

Shame they went, you could always just do it again though, or use the save editor to make yourself a save that's close enough to your old ones.

save editor it is. i used to be a compulsive modder, and have been enjoying the quality and simplicity of vanilla gaming but.. f it.

·
Banned
4,844 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by srsparky32
View Post

that greatest freak out ever is totally fake

Somehow camera is placed at just the right angle, hmmm

I beat ME2 3 times and found playing as a soldier on insanity to be the easiest out of them all (I was vanguard and something else).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.