Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was considering buying this game from Amazon... anybody got any views on it from experience?

...and would you recommend playing mass effect 1 first because I am new to mass effect -?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
I did not buy ME1 but ME2 is very good and i enjoy it. You can play straight through and get around 30-40 hours of game play or do the long fun stuff and spend 60 hours of your life in fun-ville.

It is a good game and very versatile and gives player the ability to structure their characters and their game play their way.

Watch some youtube videos and then decide for yourself. But a lot of people do enjoy the game on this forum

You don't need to play mass effect 1 to get teh storyline pretty quick. Even though they are somewhat based on each other you may want to play the first one to get the full story. I didn't and i don't regret it. But since Mass effect 1 can be had for around 7-10 US dollars these days it is not a bad purchase to also consider.

·
Premium Member
3,314 Posts
It is a great game. I really enjoyed it. Now, you don't technically need to play ME1 first, but I would highly recommend it. There will be some references you won't understand if you didn't play ME1 first. They are both great games, and good purchases if you ask me. Also, you will be able to import your character from ME1 into ME2. Then into ME3 once that comes out.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
probably #3 as the best experience ive ever had in a game

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
They have made it where it recaps what happened in the first pretty Good and retells the story well playing ME1 is not mandatory to play this one, but just for the sheer fact that I LOVE ME1 I would suggest getting it, you can buy it from EA for 10$ with a pretty fast Direct2drive download

ME2 Is my favorite game of the year so far its amazing.
http://www.masseffectsaves.com/

Thats a site you can visit to choose a ME1 save game if you don't get ME1 so you can pick a save file from it too be Good evil or mixed and choice some of the options that you would have done if you had played ME1 to get a more custom tailored experience in ME2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts