Discussion Starter · #1 ·

mass_effect_3_wallpaper.jpg
Release date: 6th March 2012.
Price:59.99 $

Trailer can be found here.

Pre-order

here here

Quote:
Earth is burning. Striking from beyond known space, a race of terrifying machines have begun their destruction of the human race. As Commander Shepard, an Alliance Marine, your only hope for saving mankind is to rally the civilizations of the galaxy and launch one final mission to take back the Earth in this third entry in the epic intergalactic RPG.

**People who pre-ordered**

1. Wishmaker - Collector's Edition Edition
2. SnuffThePunkz - Digital Deluxe Edition

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
All I know is that ME3 is going to be epic.

·
FOCAL ARIA FTW
9,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyanmcleod View Post
all i know is i will call in sick that day like i did for ME2

The problem for me is that when ME3 is out, I won't have my sig rigs
. I doubt I will be able to play this game on a 12 inch laptop with a 9300 GS Nvidia card

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay1ty0 View Post
All I know is that ME3 is going to be epic.

They did indeed set the bar high, I just hope they buy their time and don't rush things. Do it right and they will have a blast with the sales!!!

·
I heard you were dead...
8,513 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sweffymo View Post

My thoughts: If Tali, Garrus, Legion, or Joker dies and it's impossible to stop it, I will eject the disc and snap it in half on the spot.

Also, I think that Tali and Legion will get along better and the war between the Geth and the Quarians will end, and I think that one of the crew will betray you, possibly (but hopefully not) Garrus.

Also I want to see what Quarians look like...

And as long as we're taking requests and speculation, can I have a pony???

Also, I hope it doesn't stay a Trilogy. I would play a million Mass Effect game as long as they kept pumping out plot material and none of my favorite characters died. Also, DefaultShep FTW! (Please don't hurt me!)

Also I am sleep deprived so I am ultra wacko right now!!!

·
I'm gonna need a sweeper
7,568 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sweffymo View Post
Also, DefaultShep FTW! (Please don't hurt me!)
Get out.

Providing they don't make any stupid decisions with the plot I'm sure it'll be a good game. There is an annoying trend with writers that they think everyone likes it if you kill off all the good characters - it works sometimes but its a rare thing.

·
Banned
4,844 Posts
Everyone dies but then somehow they find a way to rebuild you but then more stuff has come to kill you again and you must stop it.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
My expectations for ME3:

1. I want to see what Quarians look like.
2. I would like to see surviving ME1 cast members return as playable party members for the entire game.
3. I want a story that concludes the major things happening thus far. Please, please no cliffhanger, open-ended, inconclusive Halo-esque endings. Do it right Bioware.
4. Like mentioned in the article there is no need to have the plot/choices in a neat, manageable package since there won't be another sequel. I would love to play through the game multiple times while having drastically different experiences.

·
I heard you were dead...
8,513 Posts
I want there to be more games after ME3 with the same characters but a different enemy. Like the corrupt council or something. Or Cerberus.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
i would just like to see co-op, it would meake the game truly epic. if it does not fit on ME3, make it happen on ME4 please.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I think EA has already started considering "not letting go" of the ME franchise, so expect an ME4 in future.

And well for ME3, I want:
1. Tali's face to be shown
2. No cliffhangers, just a clear cut ending if Shepard's story is to end
3. Moar weapons (SMGs in particular)
4. Epicness in story, with suspense till the last scene
5. Surviving crew members to be with Shepard on his last mission

I could think of a few more things as well, but right now I'm feeling dizzy...

·
FOCAL ARIA FTW
9,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We need exploration and a breathtaking mission like Ilos. This time, we need to find a super weapon or something that will allow us to fight them. They brainwashed the Geth in the first one so I am hoping we can prevent that in this third installment. Heck, give me access to the Rachni, to Wrex, to the Geth, and the flottila, and I will show the reapers ...

So ME3 is not the final one?

·
I heard you were dead...
8,513 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
I think EA has already started considering "not letting go" of the ME franchise, so expect an ME4 in future.

I don't want Shepard's story to end... I am too attached to some of the characters, and it would be absolutely idiotic for him to die or something... I mean seriously...

Although a happy resolution to the whole Reaper mess would be nice.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post

I think the game should finish where it's meant to. I don't want a zombie franchise like Bioshock, where there is extra games tacked on that do not add anything whatsoever to an already complete story.

I think the best thing to do is finish at ME3, then Bioware goes to make other games for a while, and look back in 5 years to start thinking about a follow-up. It's a bit ridiculous how often big publishers milk franchises to death.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
What I'd love to see is the return of the inventory. Maybe I'm a bit of a masochist, but sorting it in Mass Effect wasn't difficult at all and it only added to the game. Five minutes every hour or so to turn what you didn't want into omni-gel was so much better than having a microscopic number of equipment options.

I'd also love to see a villain on the same level as Sovereign. Everything from his mysterious origin to his thunderous voice that sent chills down your spine, he was very close to the perfect antagonist IMO. Harbinger.. had no presence whatsoever. When you can forget that the main antagonist is even in the game, it's time to step your game up.

Not gonna speculate on anything because I'm really not good at it, but that's what I want in ME3.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
All I know is that I'm pretty sure the release day of mass effect 3 will be the happiest day of my life! I might have a heart attack from the excitement and I will definitely will be taking 2 days of my paid vacation! Mass effect 2 was hands down my favorite modern game ever and has ruined me from liking many other video games....

1 - 20 of 2794 Posts