Overclock.net banner

Massdrop for audio products

680 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  T.Sharp
Does Massdrop in general have competitive prices for audio (and some computer) gear? Do they get some sort of special deals from headphone manufacturers (e.g. Sennheiser)?
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
884 Posts
They have some exclusives like the HD6XX which is basically just a discounted HD650, and the HD58X etc. Those are pretty good value. Lots of other products aren't deals at all though, and you can find them for the same price or better elsewhere. Exceptions being when they have sales.

· Banned
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They have some exclusives like the HD6XX which is basically just a discounted HD650, and the HD58X etc. Those are pretty good value. Lots of other products aren't deals at all though, and you can find them for the same price or better elsewhere. Exceptions being when they have sales.
Sennheiser et. al. don't design custom products just for Massdrop do they? My HD58x has Massdrop inked on the cans.

· Registered
884 Posts
Sennheiser et. al. don't design custom products just for Massdrop do they? My HD58x has Massdrop inked on the cans.
They have quite a few exclusives actually. Not sure how much input they really have in the creation though. A lot of it seems like they just get to slap a logo on stuff or get a different color plastic. You can search by "Drop brand" on their website : Audiophile | Drop

· H₂O Aficionado
6,033 Posts
The 6XX (at the time of purchase in 2017) was significantly cheaper than the retail price / comparable.
~$200 CAD vs. $400+ CAD retail.
Rectangle Font Parallel Magenta Screenshot

I also picked up these Purpleheart headphones in 2017 too for like $75 CAD. Which are just a rebrand of some other type of headphone, with a custom wood finish.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.