Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Title says it all. Total nvidia noob here so help me out. I want the best drivers that Allow me to save my overclock, Kinda like the omega radeon drivers. Help? Thanks.

EDIT! I've got it running at 450/750. Uhm, ***? Isn't that a BIT high? LMAO, It's stable too. Confused, max load is 52. What are your o/ces?

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Get coolbits, search for it, prolly find it at Guru3d.com you bve able to find it in you nvidia tab on your tool bar by the clock....and search in the nvidia sections for help overclock it

And usually the regular drivers for it are decent....maybe the firmware ones at guru3d...they may help better

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, I got coolbits and it extracted but I see nothing In my drivers? Help anyone?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Uhh what the hell, 750 memory/450 core is stable? Wow go nvidia.

EDIT: Pic added for naysayers sake.
I passed artifact test on ati tool...

·
Registered
47 Posts
ive got the 6800GS and memory is 1.6ghz and core is 532 thats detected settings. aint tested them out yet as power supply needs replacing

·
Banned
3,515 Posts
Try running the Luna demo, and see if you get any artifacts. Coolbits and ATI tool never really work well for me, because they OC higher than what your card can handle in higher-end DX9 apps, like nvidia demos, BF2, COD2 and CS;S.

·
Premium Member
3,947 Posts
I got mine to run at 515/1250 stable, but I bumped it down to 500/1200 just to be safe.

I heard that 490/1.19 is the exact equivilant to a 6800Ultra.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I've had it running 450/1.4ghz for awhile now, Perfectly sound perfectly stable. No artifacts. I love it, I got about a 20 K increase on am3 with just the overclock! Stock is 300/1.0ghz

·
Banned
8,062 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by r3tard
Yeah, I've had it running 450/1.4ghz for awhile now, Perfectly sound perfectly stable. No artifacts. I love it, I got about a 20 K increase on am3 with just the overclock! Stock is 300/1.0ghz
Wait.. AGP or PCI-E? You have a PCI-E board, but the stock on the PCI-E 6800GS is 425/1000, and come clocked up (highest) to 485/1100..

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jori
Wait.. AGP or PCI-E? You have a PCI-E board, but the stock on the PCI-E 6800GS is 425/1000, and come clocked up (highest) to 485/1100..
I be having the pci-e motherboard..No I'm not esl, I just like typing like this
And I bought it off a guy who won it off of evga.com so maybe it was a special edition or something?

EDIT: Jori, I have no idea, When I hit show default clocks it showed 300/350mhz/500mhz so I assume thats stock? Or something with the bios was fiddled because I was messing around with rivatuner/the registry thingy to try and get the in driver overclocking utility to enable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts