Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Matrix Neo 270WQ Multi is the lowest cost Korean monitor which support a displayport connection. This is a new model being advertised on eBay for $419. It looks similar to the EQD Auria sold by Microcenter for $400.

Please post reviews of this monitor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm quite interested by the non-multi one but infos about it are rare :
- is it the same LG panel as the more known others (catleap...) ?
- is there any reviews ? or any user feedback about it ? can i expect the same as most other korean monitors ?

(this thread beeing the first non-korean / non-ebay message that mention it afaik)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Essentially it's the same monitor as the Catleap's, panel is glossy plastic (seems like a lot of reflections to me - I'm used to a matt panel though) but with multi-input board. Very intense colours possible, running down around the 40% brightness & intensity is good. The stand is pathetic (only tilt / swivel and it wobbles if you touch it) but will fit any VESA100 stand though so no problem to mount on something better.
Moving from a 23" TN type, the extra viewing angles are useful but the text sizes are small (standard size "Windows" type less than 2/10th of inch high)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here's been my experience so far:
I ordered a Pixel Perfect from BigClothCraft on Monday, July 30.
Paypal notified me the payment cleared on Thursday, August 2.
BigClothCraft messaged me later in the day on August 2 with this :
Quote:
Hello
Thanks for your order.
I am James in Computer department in our company.

For smoothing pass against custom,

1) May I mark item as gift?
2) How much price I put on invoice?

3) May I ask your model number of video card in computer?
-This monitor don't works with Mobile video card in Laptop and macbook.

4) May I check your phone number and address for express shipping service?
(Our company only use personal information for shipping)

I am sorry for bothering you.
best my question is for safest and fastest satisfaction of buyer.

I will hear from you.
Best REgards
Thanks

- bigclothcraft
I replied on Friday, August 3
The monitor was marked as shipped earlier today (Monday, August 6)

I'm eagerly awaiting it's arrival!
I know I typed this out like I had a bad experience, but it has been great so far. I like a seller that communicates to the buyer. Makes me feel better about the purchase.
I figured someone out there would be interested in seeing a full progression of the steps in the process.

I'll be sure to update here when the monitor arrives.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi all. Just placed an order for this monitor because the vendor advertises to checking the panel for dead pixels and backlight bleed before sending it out. Since these 27" panels are essentially the same anyhow, the specific brand assembling the final unit isn't all that important. Right?

I also ordered bigclothcraft. Hope this one turns out well
biggrin.gif

·
back at it
4,776 Posts
his reply looks like he is a pro over at ebay. not many sellers contact you after purchasing, especially about the shipping etc. might get my crossover from that guy since in turkey the limit for anything for not to pay custom taxes is 75 euros, which makes nearly anything a big pain in the arse.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have bought one of these monitors from ebay (bigclothcraft). Got the same message as gorgonsed. Had no hassles in buying or delivery. Delivered to Australia within 7 days of order.

However, I can't seem to get it to work and was hoping someone might be able to help. I have a Windows 7 computer with a Nvidia GeForce 9500GT video card. When I connect the monitor it doesn't seem to detect it. Any ideas?

I've tried with it being the only monitor and with another monitor connected as well, but no luck detecting it.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
A week in and I'm very happy with the Matrix. I do have one dead pixel, about 30 pixels up from the bottom bezel to the far right of the panel. It's a spot I'll rarely notice in my day-to-day, so I'm not sure if I should haggle the seller to throw some bucks back for not selling a 'pixel perfect' display.

Otherwise I'm ecstatic with the display - in terms of clarity, color and brightness uniformity - this absolutely obliterates the old 28" TN panel I've used for 3 years. The LED backlighting emits little heat and makes the entire package far more svelte than I anticipated. The stand is decent. So long as you have a sturdy desk the monitor won't shake a bit. You will need to upgrade if you want to adjust its height at all.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just received my Matrix Neo 270WQ Multi. The 1st thing I noticed is the power transformer (n Nanjing Frontek FPS0120 -05A) Lists only 230 Volts for input. I have a Welltronics from my Crossover that accepts a range so I am using that. I have sent a message to BigClothCraft and am waiting on an answer.

In the meantime I ordered:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300555688796&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160#ht_1604wt_1165

Hopefully a transformer designed for 120V will be better overall for the lifespan of these monitors.

It's only been an hour, but no problems. The OSD is almost identical to my 2720MDP multi. I ordered a pixel Perfect monitor and after some tests it seems to be just that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also recently purchased a Multi version of this monitor, I've been using it for both PC and 360 and am very happy with it overall. One dead pixel (I didn't ask for pixel perfect) but on a screen like this you really have to search for it to see it. The speakers are quite tinny and rattly, but they get the job done on the occasion I haven't bothered to plug in headphones. Build quality is quite acceptable, and I appreciate the fact that the regular stand uses the VESA mount, so if/when I get a different stand it is a simple screw-off, screw-on job.

I'm thinking seriously about getting one or two more, these really are a great buy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by farstar View Post

Just received my Matrix Neo 270WQ Multi. The 1st thing I noticed is the power transformer (n Nanjing Frontek FPS0120 -05A) Lists only 230 Volts for input. I have a Welltronics from my Crossover that accepts a range so I am using that. I have sent a message to BigClothCraft and am waiting on an answer.
In the meantime I ordered:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300555688796&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160#ht_1604wt_1165
Hopefully a transformer designed for 120V will be better overall for the lifespan of these monitors.
It's only been an hour, but no problems. The OSD is almost identical to my 2720MDP multi. I ordered a pixel Perfect monitor and after some tests it seems to be just that.
Got this adapter. Does not work. Tested with multimeter. positive and negative pins are opposite from the picture in the description picture. Contacted seller. Awaiting feedback. Cannot write complete sentences.

Hope trying this on my Neo did not harm it. Seems okay back with the bundled adapter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Heads up on a couple of things I've noted since my original post.
  • The component input is refusing to work with my XBox 360 in 1080 modes (garbled screen), but 720p works nicely.
  • The two 3.5mm audio connectors are for audio in, and audio out (ie not a secondary input). This is nice because it means I can have my PC and 360 plugged in as inputs and choose between the built-in speakers or headphones just by plugging the phones in and out. I guess this is probably in the documentation somewhere, but I figured it out by trial and error.
EDIT: The downside to this audio setup is quite a lot of buzz in the headphones - seems to depend on the screen content, so probably some kind of shielding issue. Are other people hearing the same with their units?

EDIT 2: Another oddity with the audio - the component input left and right are reversed. Audio output to phones is correct if I plug white into red and vice versa.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I ordered mine/sent paypal friday evening, but have had no response from BCC (I got the non-PP version since i was able to snag it for 290 on offer). How long should I wait before contacting them about the delay? I did put in that I wanted the monitor checked for serious defects, so that I can understand, but I've had zero contact from them whatsoever.

Can't wait to get this thing in, will definitely try and get some pics, etc. when i do.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Kinda disappointed in BCC/DHL. Didn't even get word from him until I emailed him (nearly a week after ordering/paying), and he hadn't even begun testing the monitor. Monitor just got the "with courier" from DHL, but it's in a city over an hour away from my place, at 10:30 am. probably means it'll miss the latest estimated delivery date from ebay.

I basically just feel like my order was tossed on the bottom of a pile/forgotten, would still be not-shipped if I hadn't done something. Hopefully the monitor isn't covered with stuck//dead pixels or something or horrific BL bleed.

Edit: aaand missed delivery because I didn't know they'd deliver today. Time to advertise I'm getting an international package with that bright yellow/red door hanger all day/tomorrow.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ordered mine on sept 4th from bigclothguy and got the same e-mail soon after. he tested it for only a day at most and i ordered a pixel perfect model with multi connections for $459
Perfect Pixel 27" Matrix Neo 270WQ Multi / DP HDMI 1.4a 2560x1440 S-IPS Monitor

Testing Monitor Service! 110~240V Power brick included

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140810609680?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

i recieved it on sept 6 he shipped it sept 5. fastest shipper i have seen . and i gotta say i am so happy with this monitor, happy i didn;t pick another model cause i looked and was going to go with catleap but it's too much with multi connections!

so anyways i'm using this and my GTX 680 and the new BF3 maps come out and OMG!!! this is what a great monitor is supposed to look like. alsi i go a warrenty through square trade just incase so i don't have to ship to korea but well worth the price and quality is great!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I got mine a couple days ago, and It's definitely awesome. Got non-PP DVI version for 290 on offer. Zero dead pixels/no much bleed that I can tell. 7950 (overclocked slightly) pushes the games I care about at 60+ fps.

Only issue was some of the protective plastic is stuck between the bezel and panel. can't quite get it out with tweezers. Oh well. I'm happy as a clam otherwise with this. And at that price it's tempting as hell to get a second one.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.