Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I took this profile pic
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad got a new desk and his old case won't fit in his new desk. I built him the computer and I would like to get a new mATX case. The only issue would be the full sized ATX PSU and the Cooler Master big tower heatsink that I can't remember the name of but you should know which one I'm talking about because it's the most popular one. I was thinking of one of those square looking cases but the Fractal case is $100 US. I was hoping to spend less than $60 to be honest. It's just an internet and MS Word PC. I would hate to spend a lot of money on the case when I only spent around $300 building the entire system.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,898 Posts
I have a Rajintek Styx that is a little over 13 inches tall. Fits full size ATX PSU and supports 160mm tall coolers. It also had a slim optical drive slot which a lot of smaller cases don't have. Love the case and highly recommend it

·
Meep
5,592 Posts
The Styx would indeed be pretty good, a little over budget though.

There's also:
  • Jonsbo C3 exactly 14" tall, supports coolers up to 175mm, costs about $55 if you can find one.
  • Thermaltake Core V21 13.2" tall, supports coolers up to 185mm, costs $60 at amazon.

·
Premium Member
4,898 Posts
I had the V1 before the Styx. It was okay. It's a lot bigger in person than the pictures make it seem. The only thing the V1 has over the Styx in my opinion is the large bottom compartment of the V1 makes for easier cable management

·
Read Only
5,227 Posts
I have a Rosewill SRM-01. It gets the job done. It's just a touch under 14", fits standard ATX PSUs, coolers up to 150mm and GPU's up to 320mm. Not a bad little case for less than $30.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts