Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if a mATX motherboard would fit a nh-d14 while also having 3 pci express cards. I know the mATX boards have enough slots, but if its like my current ATX board and I wouldnt be able to use the first slot, that would be a problem.

I use a GTX760 with accelero extreme III, but I also have a creative ZxR and I am looking to buy a 802.11ac pci-express card.

I would use either the fractal design mini or the nanoxia deep silence 4. They seem a bit outdated, lacking features that the R4/R5 (although they are mid towers) have.

I move my case a lot, which is why I am looking to switch to mATX. However, I am looking for a board with onboard intel controller and sata express.

My other option is sticking with my current motherboard, Maximus VI Formula and switch out the full tower case (NZXT H630) for a Fractal Design Define R5.

My current case weighs 55lbs. Its heavier than most computer case builds out there, but if it was smaller, it would be much easier to move around, I would also save 8lbs, but the bulkiness of my current case is more of a problem than the weight.

Any thoughts? I have no idea what to do. Two great choices, it confuses me. =P

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
The Accelero Extreme III is a triple-slot cooling solution?

Stick with ATX.

·
Premium Member
2,589 Posts
You'd be surprised how manageable good ol'atx is if you get a case with small footprint. At one time I had a 700d that was 45lb empty and it was just a nightmare to get around. My current "case" is a test bench weighting at 2lbs and the entire system weights under 30lb watercooled. It's very portable and I would even say comparable to my mitx ft03 mini build.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts