Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.

Im gonna build my second watercooling loop soon, and I got a few qestions.

What are the max 90 degrees fittings I could use.

The loop im gonna build is gonna have atleast a total of 6! 90 degrees fittings.

2 in bottom rad
2 in the VRAM-CPU
1 top rad in
1 GPU out.

The pump I have is the MCP655.

Look here is a picture

That purple tube is going from the bottom rad, behind the case/motherboard and up to top radiator.

The CPU block I have is the Koolance 380i.

The ting is that when that block is mounted correctly, it has the OUTPUT at the top, and INPUT at the bottom (vertical)
Since the loop flow is coming from the top, I cant mount that block in that way. I have to mount it horizontally.
And I tried to connect tubing when it was mounted, and It was impossible to connect tubing without a big kink. So I have to use a 90 degree fitting on both CPU and VRAM block, and use a 5mm tube in the middle. Someting like when you connect 2 GPU's.

Then I thought if it is possible to turn the CPU block 180 degrees, like INPUT at the top and, and OUTPUT in the bottom, then I might me able to use normal fittings.
Because the input and output on that block is not centered, there is bigger chance I can use normal tubing.

Hope you all can understand what I meant.
Thanks

·
Registered
434 Posts
For your 90s question, it takes a lot of elbows to create any kind of significant pressure drop. Martin did tests on it and later stated: "Sure some extra fittings will add restriction, but it's very minor. As the chart shows, it would take almost 30 90 degree elbows to add up to 1 degree in CPU temp rise." I personally prefer to use elbows whenever it creates cleaner routes as it is more aesthetically pleasing.

You can rotate your CPU block as you wish, as long as the in and out ports are still in and out ports. It looks like you are trying to do this (I hope you can somewhat understand the badly done picture
tongue.gif
):

That should be fine as long as you still use the middle port as in, and outer port as out (which looks like you already will be doing).

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, only 1c drop with 30 90 degree :-D guess I'm a long way on the positive side.

Yes that picture pretty much sums up what I was trying to explain.

Because I really want to use straight fittings around CPU And VRAM area, it would look much better.

Is there any trick that would prevent a kink in the loop, or any other solutions to tubing between VRAM and CPU?

My tubing us Primochill advanced LRT 1/2 3/4.

Sent from my Nexus 5

1 - 4 of 4 Posts