Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered an MSI 6600 GT, currently have a PNY 6600 GT but paid way too much for it from best buy so I'm returning it. I've read that they have one of the best stock cooling solutions for a 6600 GT, anyone tried overclocking this bad boy and what is the limit you've reached.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,589 Posts
Just by pressing the button with coolbits:

586 core 1125 mem....so far so good, benches fine, plays CoH for hours.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by Xavier1421

Just by pressing the button with coolbits:

586 core 1125 mem....so far so good, benches fine, plays CoH for hours.

Thanks for the reply xavier :shades2: u have a 3dmark05 score on that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Xavier1421

3864

On A64 3400, K8V Deluxe. 1 gig PC3200 KVR

Without artifacts i was able to get it as close as 583/1190 Mhz
My 3dmark05 (max so far) is 3505
3dmark03 - 9110
The card i got is 6600 GT OC (BFG)

I wish i had an AMD with me
(
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,702 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by abeautifulmind

Without artifacts i was able to get it as close as 583/1190 Mhz
My 3dmark05 (max so far) is 3505
3dmark03 - 9110
The card i got is 6600 GT OC (BFG)

I wish i had an AMD with me
(

The cards that come OC'd are usually not as good as the cards that have not been OC'd.. I know this from experience.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Crashed

The cards that come OC'd are usually not as good as the cards that have not been OC'd.. I know this from experience.

Dont know if thats probably one reason i havent got the scores better than 3505 on 3dmark05. I will try getting 6600 GT from my friend and see if thats better ...

So far i have been happy with the OC i am getting with this card though..
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,702 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by abeautifulmind

Dont know if thats probably one reason i havent got the scores better than 3505 on 3dmark05. I will try getting 6600 GT from my friend and see if thats better ...

So far i have been happy with the OC i am getting with this card though..

What I meant was the cards that come "OC'd" in the box usually arent as good as the non OC, but every card is different
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by abeautifulmind

Without artifacts i was able to get it as close as 583/1190 Mhz
My 3dmark05 (max so far) is 3505
3dmark03 - 9110
The card i got is 6600 GT OC (BFG)

I wish i had an AMD with me
(


Anyone gotten the MSI 6600 GT that high?
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top