Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a very experienced overclock-er especially when it comes to tinkering with the voltage.

If i increase the core clock over 100mhz , any game will crash after 45-60 mins.

100Mhz is fine , i am looking to go way above using msi afterburner.

My temps on load 4k Ultra gaming goes to maxxx between 44c- 48c .

Please advise on the best overclocking settings.

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
every gpu is different and is there really a safe OC that will never harm your gpu?

some brands will not honour a warranty! You are at your own mercy
biggrin.gif

If i increase the core clock over 100mhz , any game will crash after 45-60 mins.

100Mhz is fine , i am looking to go way above using msi afterburner.

My temps on load 4k Ultra gaming goes to maxxx between 44c- 48c .

you have almost answered this question yourself

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
at average 45c temps i could push the card to more results , i just need help doing so .

Anyone?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Download GPU-Z and check your ASIC quality. You may have lost out in the "silicon lottery" my Gigabyte G1 Gaming 980Ti has a 72% ASIC and is only truly stable @ +112 Core & +334 Mem. w/ max card temps, on air mind you, hitting around 65C I can push it beyond that if i bump up the mV but for the moment I'm happy where it is until I get my water cooling loop done.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitrzac View Post

I have an evga classified that failed the lottery. Even on water it will not hit 1500 stable with stock voltage.
I'm kinda in the same boat. I have two EVGA 980ti's - one an ACX and the other a hybrid, and I can't add more than 75mhz on the combo without locking up after 40 minutes or so. Asic is 68 and 73 respectively. Funny thing is before SLI I was adding 130+ core to the ACX card on its own, no problem, stock voltage, but once I added the hybrid it was game over (literally). I tried upping the hydro's voltage separately (with the higher asic it, obviously, was running a lower stock core voltage) but that didn't work so well and I just gave up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts