Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i just got an athlon 64 3200 and i was wondering what the maximum safe voltage is for it. (im overclocking obviously) i have an arctic cooler 64 pro on the cpu

·
Registered
299 Posts
I would say no more then 1.65 vcore my chip and yours are very similar i have a 3000, i am assuming it's a venice core. i also have the same heatsink you have and i love it i have my vcore at 1.6 with a stable 2.7 overclock.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Your temps really shouldn't get above 40 C with that cooler just remember to keep it under 55 C

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by yasha32

ok, i just got an athlon 64 3200 and i was wondering what the maximum safe voltage is for it. (im overclocking obviously) i have an arctic cooler 64 pro on the cpu

The only "Safe" voltage is stock, but I agree that it's unlikely you'll have any problems at around 1.6v.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajfriese5

I would say no more then 1.65 vcore my chip and yours are very similar i have a 3000, i am assuming it's a venice core. i also have the same heatsink you have and i love it i have my vcore at 1.6 with a stable 2.7 overclock.

lol i have mine at 1.525 volts and its stable at 2.7, by the way can someone tell me if he AC 64 pro has a replacable fan??

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
Max voltage when on air is 1.65V, 1.6V just to be safe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.