Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what the normal temp range is for a P4 3.0-C? Right now my Asus probe is reading 24* mobo and 27* Cpu. Under full load the cpu hits 45-46*, I still need to make a duct and cut another fan hole for a nice blowhole on the top of the case and do some heatsink lapping, but what temp should I keep the Cpu under? 50, 60?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
996 Posts
personally i like to try and keep mine under 50 but intels specs say it can go up to 60 or higher cant remember exactly. If it goes to high it throttles anyway but as long as ur under 50 ur n good shape
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:


Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

3.0C is a Northwood, wanna keep it under 55C, and under 50C would be ideal.

Sweet, thanks. Means eventually I can get to cutting a hole in the case, lapping the heatsink, making a duct and eventually overclocking!


1 more question. If you go to my photobucket album(in sig) and look where the bottom led fan is place, if I turn that around to an intake, make a plexiglass duct so it sits open over my cpu, how well can that work? Like is it worth the effort?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,430 Posts
Some people see like 5C drop in temps with fan ducts, but I've never tried it. Anything's worth a shot, right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:


Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

Some people see like 5C drop in temps with fan ducts, but I've never tried it. Anything's worth a shot, right?


Sounds like a plan. I'll attempt to make one, try it out and then post pics and my results. Might not be for a little while since university hit me with a crap load of work but when I have time I'll try. 1 Problem I can already forsee tho is how to attach 3/8" thick plexi to the fan?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Possibility, maybe I'll just drill holes in the plexi and zip tie it to the fan, that way no super glue gets injured in the process and its removable if it doesn't work. On a side note, why won't my sig work
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
996 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Gint

Sweet, thanks. Means eventually I can get to cutting a hole in the case, lapping the heatsink, making a duct and eventually overclocking!


1 more question. If you go to my photobucket album(in sig) and look where the bottom led fan is place, if I turn that around to an intake, make a plexiglass duct so it sits open over my cpu, how well can that work? Like is it worth the effort?

you dont have to wait as long as u dont raise your vcore any your temps shouldnt change much at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:


Originally Posted by Leprachuan

you dont have to wait as long as u dont raise your vcore any your temps shouldnt change much at all.

what do you mean? I can't depict where 1 sentance ends and the other starts, sorry.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
996 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Gint

what do you mean? I can't depict where 1 sentance ends and the other starts, sorry.

hahaha sorry what im saying is you can overclock now as long as you dont raise your vcore. If you dont raise the vcore the temps pretty much stay the same.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:


Originally Posted by Leprachuan

hahaha sorry what im saying is you can overclock now as long as you dont raise your vcore. If you dont raise the vcore the temps pretty much stay the same.

I understand
lol, yes so far I've had it up to 3.4 without tinkering with any other settings other then the fsb so I'll see what I can squeeze out of it.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top