Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody tell me the maximum temperature for the FX83xx cpu's, can't seem to find them. Also can someone tell me why is it that the motherboard temperature sensor is bonkers, at idle its lower than room temp and at load its @45ish when at stock, but the problem starts occurring when I overclock, the temp is about 65, isn't that too much of a jump :S.

sometimes the idle temperature is about 15 :|, btw I have a feeling that core temp does not show the individual temperatures of each cores but of the chip because all the core temps are the same they never vary from one another, is this because of the motherboard by any chance, I know that my motherboard isn't great and all but still its really bothering me as I am having a hard time overclocking this chip anything beyond stock.

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,399 Posts
First off, the CPU cooler in use would be nice to know.

Or better yet, fill this out and set up what you have in your signature:

http://www.overclock.net/lists/component/manage/type/RIG

Fill that out for us so we can better see whatcha got.
smile.gif

Also, yeah AMD chips tend to use only one CPU temp sensor. My siblings have a Phenom II 975 in their machine and it only shows one temperature reading. For Intel CPUs, it shows the temp for each processor, but not AMD. Doesn't make THAT much of a difference in the end I suppose.
tongue.gif

1 - 2 of 2 Posts