Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshall82

What is the max or a good load temp for this core, its the same in the x850xt and xtpe series.

For most GFX cards, try to keep below 70°C. By the way is this for the R480 core (x850) or the R580 (x1900)?

·
Banned
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ste

For most GFX cards, try to keep below 70°C. By the way is this for the R480 core (x850) or the R580 (x1900)?

Yeah sry 480, Thanks guys

·
Banned
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Progenicus

Since my card doesn't have a temp sensor, how hot do you reckon 70C is to the hand? Is it too hot to touch? Warm?

Because my card can get pretty dang hot after a bit of gaming.

You wouldnt be able to hold your hand on 70 degrees but then again your heatsink inst going to be as hot as the core temp, BTW 70 degrees C is 158 degrees F.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My stock X850 Pro AGP runs at 75C + for the core and 51+ for the memory. This is with the case wide open and a PC slot exhaust fan 2 spots over from it pulling out 34 CFM.

At full load, it runs around 76-79C core.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm gonna bring this topic back up. I have an X800 GTO2 which uses R480 core. After shutting down a game just now, ATI Tray Tools is telling me that the max temperature was 90C. That's about the hottest I've seen it, and a few weeks ago i lowered my overclock a bit cause I was running at 510/1170 (if I recall correctly). It's now at 450/1050; stock is 400/980.

Anyway, the case is an Antec Aria... a cube-like case but micro-ATX. It's pretty cramped inside. So is my 90C absolutely too hot or can I keep going with what I have? I've been using it for almost 2 years now, but I really thought I should ask about this. I don't want to fry anything and 90C seems pretty hot to me, considering 100C will boil water.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts