Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Facepalm
9,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Discuss all your Maximus 13 series boards here. Bios releases, bugs, Comet Lake and Warp Core Breach overclocking, issues, new vs old memory settings and so on.

As far as I know, only the Hero is currently available for purchase at this moment.

• Rep+
Reactions: fra z

·
Facepalm
9,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
  • Rep+
Reactions: cstkl1

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discuss all your Maximus 13 series boards here. Bios releases, bugs, Comet Lake and Warp Core Breach overclocking, issues, new vs old memory settings and so on.

As far as I know, only the Hero is currently available for purchase at this moment.
Yes the Hero is available - I'll be having one of these - Thunderbolt 4 through the back panel (even though it is still 40 Gb/s) which is the same as thunderbolt 3. There are two connectors so does this mean that there is 40 Gb/s x 2 = 80 Gb/s or put another way 8 PCI-e lanes to the chipset? - Or just 4?

I've looked the board over and think the thunderbolt is via the chipset & not the CPU - 😀 - Any views on this is best at this point as the board is new

·
Registered
10900k / 3090
201 Posts
I have two issues with my m13h:

1 The CPU_FAN header isn't accepting the PWM signal back form my USB HUB. Confirmed hub works fine on z490 Strix-e. I can control the fan speed with both presets and manual curves fine, it just wont monitor the PWM being reported back ( says N/A in the "monitor" tab in BIOS, and halts with CPU fan error.

2a The USB ports seem to have a power issue. My USB DAC (Schiit Modi 3) has a loud and consistent snap crackle and pop with plugged into any usb port. (confirmed set to 24bit as the DAC supports down from the default 32bit) Also confirmed working fine from any USB port on the z490 Strix-e
2b Front header USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 sometimes don't work in BIOS, sometimes they stop working while browsing bios, forcing a plug into rear USB. Can't narrow down a possible cause; seems about 50/50 chance. On boot the mouse/keyboard (plugged into either usb2 or usb3 front header) flash on and off about half dozen times during POST and boot. This behavior isn't present on the z490 Strix-e.

I am using 10900k and the 0603 BIOS that @shamino1978 posted.

·
Cheesebumps!!
2,398 Posts
I have two issues with my m13h:

1 The CPU_FAN header isn't accepting the PWM signal back form my USB HUB. Confirmed hub works fine on z490 Strix-e. I can control the fan speed with both presets and manual curves fine, it just wont monitor the PWM being reported back ( says N/A in the "monitor" tab in BIOS, and halts with CPU fan error.

2a The USB ports seem to have a power issue. My USB DAC (Schiit Modi 3) has a loud and consistent snap crackle and pop with plugged into any usb port. (confirmed set to 24bit as the DAC supports down from the default 32bit) Also confirmed working fine from any USB port on the z490 Strix-e
2b Front header USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 sometimes don't work in BIOS, sometimes they stop working while browsing bios, forcing a plug into rear USB. Can't narrow down a possible cause; seems about 50/50 chance. On boot the mouse/keyboard (plugged into either usb2 or usb3 front header) flash on and off about half dozen times during POST and boot. This behavior isn't present on the z490 Strix-e.

I am using 10900k and the 0603 BIOS that @shamino1978 posted.

sounds like AMD issues as well..

·
Registered
10900k / 3090
201 Posts
sounds like AMD issues as well..
I'm not really familiar with the issues AMD are currently having. I'm presuming with my very very laymen knowledge that there are some issues with the z590 chipset which is designed for DMI 8x when using a CPU that can only provide DMI 4x.

·
Cheesebumps!!
2,398 Posts
I'm not really familiar with the issues AMD are currently having. I'm presuming with my very very laymen knowledge that there are some issues with the z590 chipset which is designed for DMI 8x when using a CPU that can only provide DMI 4x.
Same USB issues on AMD platforms as well..AMD hasn't really provided a clear answer/explanation as to why its happening or its main cause..they just fix it via a firmware update with the BIOS..though certainly its kinda stupid..

I think Intel's way ahead on this for Z590..

·
Registered
149 Posts
Anyone having any issues running a blender render on the Hero?

·
Registered
893 Posts
For some reason my USB KVM isn't recognized on the M13H in UEFI, only once Windows loads. That's about the only "quirk" I've noticed so far.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Are you able to test it while running the system in audit mode?

·
Registered
149 Posts
With regards to your memory running 4266 on a 10900K. What voltages are you running? Are you able to put some CPU-Z screenshots up?

·
Registered
10900k / 3090
201 Posts
Thanks @shamino1978

With regards to your memory running 4266 on a 10900K. What voltages are you running? Are you able to put some CPU-Z screenshots up?

I have a 4400 cl19 1.4v micron e that isnt stable xmp, but is at 4266 1.3v

I can get you some screenies tommorow, its 1 am here, and will try with new BIOS see if there's any change.

·
Registered
10900k / 3090
201 Posts
So apparently I forgot how to add 2066.5 and 2066.5 Because its actually 4133 .... my bad. TBH havent tried 4266 yet, I know without tweaking the 4400 its rated as bsod on boot.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thanks @shamino1978

I have a 4400 cl19 1.4v micron e that isnt stable xmp, but is at 4266 1.3v

I can get you some screenies tommorow, its 1 am here, and will try with new BIOS see if there's any change.
Much appreciated as I seem to be having some very specific issue with regards to getting blender to run.

I can get everything up and running, [email protected] with 32GB 3600Mhz b-die memory with an RTX 3070, however when running my OS and Blender off a Samsung 970 Evo Plus, Blender just crashes and after trying to construct the BVH model before actually rendering which claims to be an issue with insufficient memory on the GPU, but it does this even with a Quadro also. However if I run this off an SSD instead of the M.2 I do not run into this issue. Have not experienced this issue with an ASRock or GB board yet.

·
Facepalm
9,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I need to find DJR....no idea what DJR kits are...
4533 C17 is always DJR? I thought this is b-die...anyone? :(

Looked on Newegg and Amazon
Nothing. Just some shady international sellers of 2x8 GB.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts