Overclock.net banner

101 - 120 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
I'm getting some really weird behavior with my 10900K + X13H in manual override. When I give the CPU load like Cinebench the CPU down volts. When the CPU has no load it bounces back to the manual override voltage. CPU-Z voltage reading is completely different to HWiNFO...

·
Registered
10900k / 3090
201 Posts
I'm getting some really weird behavior with my 10900K + X13H in manual override. When I give the CPU load like Cinebench the CPU down volts. When the CPU has no load it bounces back to the manual override voltage. CPU-Z voltage reading is completely different to HWiNFO...
CPU-Z only reports the VID.

Hwinfo uses the die-sense diode on your maximus to accurately report the voltage going to the CPU.

·
Facepalm
9,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·

View attachment 2486357
CPU-Z Vcore reporting has been broken on last two versions on Maximus 12 and 13. Shamino posted a fixed version, although even that acts a bit strangely.
And your screenshot has you circling the AVERAGE voltage, which is on the far right, not the max voltage, which is next to that. Your hwinfo is reporting accurately.

·
Registered
546 Posts
CPU-Z Vcore reporting has been broken on last two versions on Maximus 12 and 13. Shamino posted a fixed version, although even that acts a bit strangely.
And your screenshot has you circling the AVERAGE voltage, which is on the far right, not the max voltage, which is next to that. Your hwinfo is reporting accurately.
The reason I circled the current and average voltages was because that is the current and average voltage since I hit the reset button on HWiNFO right before running CB R23. Doesn't 1.172-1.200V seem a little low when the CPU is running at 100% core/thread 5Ghz all core running CB R23?

·
Registered
10900k / 3090
201 Posts
The reason I circled the current and average voltages was because that is the current and average voltage since I hit the reset button on HWiNFO right before running CB R23. Doesn't 1.172-1.200V seem a little low when the CPU is running at 100% core/thread 5Ghz all core running CB R23?
No that seems right. Vroop depending on your LLC will lower the Vcore under full load. I droop from 1.350 idle to 1.208 cinebench load @ 5.0ghz. With LLC4

You have a custom loop also, Vcore needed to maintain a frequency increases with heat.

(edited 5.1ghz to 5.0ghz forgot I had a different mobo profile on)

·
Registered
546 Posts
Does Z590 need a Spectre/Meltdown microcode?

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: i9forever

·
Registered
546 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Is V-latch monitoring exclusive to the 13 Extreme?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Which bios are you finding best for the Hero XIII with 10900k? I'm still in the first one in Asus Website.

·
Facepalm
9,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
Which bios are you finding best for the Hero XIII with 10900k? I'm still in the first one in Asus Website.
I don't have a Hero...

• Rep+
Reactions: menko2

·
Registered
603 Posts

·
Optimal Pessimist
3,062 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Does Intel Adaptive Boost technology only work with Rocket Lake CPU? I noticed this feature added to BIOS 0707.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Does Intel Adaptive Boost technology only work with Rocket Lake CPU? I noticed this feature added to BIOS 0707.
ABT is only for the 11900K

101 - 120 of 120 Posts