Overclock.net banner

41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Ahhh, ok, cool thanks. Not sure if i'll make the first day. Had some loop issues. Running Mayhems part 2 now, hopefully will be up and running by 12pm tomorrow then.
Good luck. I have been working on getting my second old rig online (rebuild) and blew away the boot sector about an hour ago working on the RAM OC. No big deal as it happens with the RAM OC, but I was thinking Tuesday vs Monday so glad I saw this come by. Looks like I am also going to be pushing it to get it folding again by noon tomorrow.

What happened to your loop?

·
Rig Advisor
2,233 Posts
Nothing was wrong per say. Wanted to add a water block which did not fit and swap out my top 30mm XSPC rad with an Acool Nexxoss UT60 xflow. I also upgraded to an Aquacomputer OCTO. I'm running the last distilled cycle before a drain and fill with coolant. I just needed a bit extra in cooling capacity. 850w does not cool easy. I think with the swap I'll be good. I also added a 140mm fan to the side top slot and removed my distro block in favor of a 120mm intake. Pretty happy all in all. Though I did have 2 leaks, ugh. Was a nightmare.

Attachments

·
Not new to Overclock.net
588 Posts
It's the final countdown, da na na na.

·
Rig Advisor
2,233 Posts
GL to all. I had sent @ENTERPRISE some things I would send as prizes for this round, but never heard back.

·
486DX2 66
3,559 Posts
rig is rollin'

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Nothing was wrong per say. Wanted to add a water block which did not fit and swap out my top 30mm XSPC rad with an Acool Nexxoss UT60 xflow. I also upgraded to an Aquacomputer OCTO. I'm running the last distilled cycle before a drain and fill with coolant. I just needed a bit extra in cooling capacity. 850w does not cool easy. I think with the swap I'll be good. I also added a 140mm fan to the side top slot and removed my distro block in favor of a 120mm intake. Pretty happy all in all. Though I did have 2 leaks, ugh. Was a nightmare.
Nice looking building. I haven't ever done one in a white case, but I like that. Glad you got it running to come out of the gate in the top slot for the day.

I noticed you have a mix of Corsair Fans an EK blocks. How has your experience been getting the lighting to play well together? I've run my corsair fans under iCue / Commander Pro, but it doesn't seem to play well with others outside of the MB. I haven't looked at the OCTO in depth yet, but would be curious to hear how that's working out for you? I hear you on needing more cooling capacity. I'm playing around with an Aquacomputer Gigant on my current test project.

·
Rig Advisor
2,233 Posts
Nice looking building. I haven't ever done one in a white case, but I like that. Glad you got it running to come out of the gate in the top slot for the day.

I noticed you have a mix of Corsair Fans an EK blocks. How has your experience been getting the lighting to play well together? I've run my corsair fans under iCue / Commander Pro, but it doesn't seem to play well with others outside of the MB. I haven't looked at the OCTO in depth yet, but would be curious to hear how that's working out for you? I hear you on needing more cooling capacity. I'm playing around with an Aquacomputer Gigant on my current test project.
The corsair ML's do not have a separate RGB cable, they are purely white. Not able to control them. I had to do some creative rgbpx to argb conversions to get the rest working on the OCTO.

·
Rig Advisor
2,233 Posts

Gotta say, the Aqua suite software is incredible.

Attachments

·
Here we go again
90 Posts
Thats a nice looking rig. Plenty of hours in getting that clean presentation.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Been down a 1060 for going on two weeks.It's back up and running along with another 1060.

·
Why is it smoking?
4,020 Posts

·
Why is it smoking?
4,020 Posts

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
@tictoc Your putting up some nice numbers today. :thumb: Is that your rig of VIIs that you moved over yesterday?

·
Womp Womp
15 Posts
I was all excited to try squeezing my Fury into my usual gaming rig, but the temperatures just aren't working out. Who would've thought 725W+ in a Meshify C was a bad idea.

·
486DX2 66
3,559 Posts
Are WUs still in short supply? I only have 80k points in 1 submitted WU in 24 hours (r9 290 + gtx 1080), came home to check the rigs and i'm getting more of the same "18:42:57:WARNING:WU00:FS01:Failed to get assignment from '65.254.110.245:8080': No WUs available for this configuration", this was happening during the EHW event too last month.

edit: 1080 picked up a WU right after I submitted the post.. Shortly after rebooting and a few more failures.. odd

·
Rig Advisor
2,233 Posts
Are WUs still in short supply? I only have 80k points in 1 submitted WU in 24 hours (r9 290 + gtx 1080), came home to check the rigs and i'm getting more of the same "18:42:57:WARNING:WU00:FS01:Failed to get assignment from '65.254.110.245:8080': No WUs available for this configuration", this was happening during the EHW event too last month.

edit: 1080 picked up a WU right after I submitted the post.. Shortly after rebooting and a few more failures.. odd
I have not had any trouble at all. Don't know what is going on. Have you tried removing the client and re-installing it? There have been quite a few client updates lately.

·
486DX2 66
3,559 Posts
I have not had any trouble at all. Don't know what is going on. Have you tried removing the client and re-installing it? There have been quite a few client updates lately.
I got both of them to start folding after restarting the PCs and my modem + firewall/router.. Have them set to "finish" and will uninstall and reinstall on both PCs once that's done. Both GPUs are on latest driver as well.. Not sure what that was all about

have had the same modem and pfsense setup in the middle for a few years now though so not sure if that would have been causing some issue.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
I got both of them to start folding after restarting the PCs and my modem + firewall/router.. Have them set to "finish" and will uninstall and reinstall on both PCs once that's done. Both GPUs are on latest driver as well.. Not sure what that was all about

have had the same modem and pfsense setup in the middle for a few years now though so not sure if that would have been causing some issue.
Mine hangs up on a download occasionally where there is no download and no estimate to next attempt. Usually pausing everything and then closing the client and taskbar icon (I also check Task Manager and kill any orphaned instances) and then restarting usually resolves it for me. Looking at the logs there are no errors, but it usually looks like there is a request for a WU and the requesting server just quit / didn't respond, but I've waited several hours and no more activity in the log.

It used to happen a lot more then I did the complete uninstall and reinstall of the FaH client (no version upgrade) and it seems to have gotten better. Although that could be coincidence as there has been a lot of effort to add capacity on the FaH severs so it could just be less server issues around that time I did that. Overall the last couple of weeks have been much improved for me in getting WUs and not having multiple retries.

41 - 60 of 92 Posts