Overclock.net banner

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Typo Elemental
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Sorry for the lack of responses guys. Work is rough for me rn.

The old site is down for maintenance, but @axipher is tracking the stats on a Google sheet. The sheet is on the main FaT stats page http://folding.axihub.ca/foldathonteam.php and here's a direct link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...neAQ9zZaGE/pubhtml?gid=1557603136&single=true

Looks like you are at 1.2M so far for this FaT. :thumb:
Thanks for responding mate, that is the correct link. I will make a note to add it for next months OP :eek:

·
Premium Member
4,785 Posts
@tictoc Your putting up some nice numbers today. :thumb: Is that your rig of VIIs that you moved over yesterday?

Yes, plus a 2080 and a 2970WX. It can put out good points when It's getting the WUs that are 3M+ ppd, but at the moment I'm running through a bunch of very buggy beta work. ppd is down by more than 50% for the last few hours.:mad:

·
Why is it smoking?
4,020 Posts
Sorry for the lack of responses guys. Work is rough for me rn.

Thanks for responding mate, that is the correct link. I will make a note to add it for next months OP :eek:

NP Simmons, work is overwhelming many of us right now. I just feel lucky to have a job honestly. I bookmarked it this time so I won't forget again.

Yes, plus a 2080 and a 2970WX. It can put out good points when It's getting the WUs that are 3M+ ppd, but at the moment I'm running through a bunch of very buggy beta work. ppd is down by more than 50% for the last few hours.:mad:

I got an odd GPU one earlier today myself. It had the same amount of work and TPF as the normal ones, but only gave half the points :rolleyes: Oh well, it's still contributing to a good cause.

FWIW, I crunch whatever is assigned to me - no screening, no favored cause, just the advanced tag, and I've had a good run since the last WU shortage. I run about 1.8-2.2m PPD other than 1 day a week or so ago when my wife's 1660S couldn't get an assignment until after a reboot (dropped me to 1.3 for the day :mad:). I've found that a reboot will fix most of the "couldn't get an assignment" issues, since it assigns new WU servers when the client loads. If you're folding on a server or other high uptime system, you can kill the client and associated tasks and fire it back up like @Jon01010 said..

·
Premium Member
4,785 Posts
I got an odd GPU one earlier today myself. It had the same amount of work and TPF as the normal ones, but only gave half the points :rolleyes: Oh well, it's still contributing to a good cause.

FWIW, I crunch whatever is assigned to me - no screening, no favored cause, just the advanced tag, and I've had a good run since the last WU shortage. I run about 1.8-2.2m PPD other than 1 day a week or so ago when my wife's 1660S couldn't get an assignment until after a reboot (dropped me to 1.3 for the day :mad:). I've found that a reboot will fix most of the "couldn't get an assignment" issues, since it assigns new WU servers when the client loads. If you're folding on a server or other high uptime system, you can kill the client and associated tasks and fire it back up like @Jon01010 said..

I crunch everything that comes my way. I've never assigned a cause or cherry-picked WUs, but with this particular beta project, I was tempted to turn off beta tasks for a bit. WUs were running at about a 50% failure rate on one particular WU. The bad tasks might have been fixed, since I haven't seen any failures in the last 1.5 hours. :D

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
...running through a bunch of very buggy beta work. ppd is down by more than 50% for the last few hours.:mad:
Yeah that's frustrating. Looks like you're still going to turn in a solid 10 million point day. Hope the Beta WU issue has resolved.

I got an odd GPU one earlier today myself. It had the same amount of work and TPF as the normal ones, but only gave half the points :rolleyes:
I get those too occasionally, but figure we are all in the same boat more or less randomly drawing WUs. My daily plot looks to be 15 to 20% +/- from average when I haven't been messing with hardware.

FWIW, I crunch whatever is assigned to me - no screening, no favored cause, just the advanced tag
Yeah that's how I am running as well. I may sign up for Beta in a few months when I get my other rig up and feel I have enough experience / familiarity to make a contribution.

·
Here we go again
90 Posts
Nail-biting stuff. Will I or will I not make the 10mil mark. Based on the allocated units now, it's going to be close!

·
Rig Advisor
2,233 Posts
Nail-biting stuff. Will I or will I not make the 10mil mark. Based on the allocated units now, it's going to be close!
I feel the same way about hitting 20 million!

·
Here we go again
90 Posts

·
Rig Advisor
2,233 Posts

·
Here we go again
90 Posts
Haha! Thanks. I don't think i'll be flying past you anytime soon, got to give my utility bill a break after this FaT.
Same, wife just saw the bill! I have some explaining to do.

·
Rig Advisor
2,233 Posts
Food for thought, I haven't seen anyone mention this. I just happened to notice that I get more PPD with nothing active on my display. My 2 rigs that fold yield me more points when all that is active is my desktop. I don't know how I ever didn't see this before.

·
Rig Advisor
2,233 Posts
Yup, the more "idle" you can have the desktop run the better for the client. This is why I post via my Chromebook, iPad, or phone alot while events are going on.

Looks like we blew past both monthly goals again. :thumb:
Where do you see the monthly goals???

·
Rig Advisor
2,233 Posts
Sooooo Close to 20 Mill. I have one WU finishing in 11 minutes that might just get me there. Come on, no whammy's...

·
Rig Advisor
2,233 Posts
I guess the spreadsheet was setup to end at 12pm EST not CST :( Even though the website and Extreme OC stats page are all on CST.

·
Rig Advisor
2,233 Posts
Good fight everyone! See you next month.

·
Here we go again
90 Posts
Well done all.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I hope you get it, even if you are the closest threat to me haha
https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=655621

BOB went past like I was in reverse!
Had to read that twice ha ha, gave me a good laugh. I'm not sure how much longer I will be able to keep it up though. April/May power bill was up over $100 from the previous one and from the same time last year. For some reason running 1000+ watts of video cards 24/7 is expensive. Who would have thought? :whistle:

·
Here we go again
90 Posts
Had to read that twice ha ha, gave me a good laugh. I'm not sure how much longer I will be able to keep it up though. April/May power bill was up over $100 from the previous one and from the same time last year. For some reason running 1000+ watts of video cards 24/7 is expensive. Who would have thought? :whistle:
haha, I know that feeling. My power bill doubled from last quarter. Heading to winter here, solar panels are not getting enough.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I guess the spreadsheet was setup to end at 12pm EST not CST :( Even though the website and Extreme OC stats page are all on CST.
Looks like you ended up registering just over 21 mil though, great job! I didn't quite make 20, but maybe next time. I did have my first 10 mil day though, so that's a win!

61 - 80 of 92 Posts