Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

----> SIGN UP HERE <----

Notice: You are now required to sign up each month, be sure to sign up for this month's event and each event going forward

What is the Foldathon?

Every month we hold a Foldathon, or FAT for short. The FAT is a mad dash over a 2 day period where we fold on as much hardware as we can get our grubby fingers on and try to amass the most points possible. It is winner takes all. Okay, that's not true, but if you're lucky you might win something, probably not, but you will have made a honorable contribution to the science behind [email protected] What is that science you're probably asking, have a gander over here to learn more. All units crunched for team 37726 count, even if you can only manage to complete one unit, but if you're already a folder, there's no excuse for not folding for the full 48 hours

How it works:

Sign-up and run [email protected] for Overclock.net (team number: 37726) during the specified times. Those who Fold will be entered into a drawing to win the prizes listed below. If you still don't know what [email protected] is or need some help getting started, feel free to post here, make a thread in the Overclock.net [email protected] Team forum or check this guide: FAHControl v7 for both CPU and GPU

----> SIGN UP HERE <----
Please use the CLICK THIS MESSAGE to view your folding performance, as well as a verification that you have signed up during the event.

----> Countdown to Start <----

Reminders:

If you would like to be notified via mass thread mention, please send a private message to @CptAsian to be added to the notification group.

Prizes:
  • x5 OCN Premium Accounts - 1 Year Subscription Winners: TBD​

If you wish to donate a prize, shoot @BWG or @CptAsian Prizes will be drawn shortly after the event ends.

After accepting a prize in any given monthly folding event, members will sit out two events before becoming eligible for prizes again. This is to hopefully spread the kindly donated items amongst the OCN folding community more fairly.​

·
Premium Member
13,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
@1Nexus1 @4thKor @808MP5 @aas88keyz @aBigRedBear @adcantu @Alatar @altsanity @ALUCARDVPR @aludka @AMITAYUS @andyv @animagr @Anonymous Inc @Anthony20022 @APhamX @Artah @arvidab @Asiqduah @ASUSfreak @axipher @Baldy @barkeater @beezweeky @benpack101 @bfromcolo @BiG_LiG @BiscuitHead @Blaise Pascal @Blizlake @bonami2 @bpmcleod @brandonspeed2006 @brodieboy143 @Brutuz @Buzzin92 @BWG @caffeinescandal @Ceadderman @CharliesTheMan @Chiobe @Chooofoojoo @Clockwerk @CloudX @colin niloc @Compaddict @compmaster @Cord78 @Cotton @CptAsian @crashnburn_819 @CravinR1 @CynicalUnicorn @d0mini @Dagamus NM @DaMirrorLink @Danbeme32 @Darkness Sakura @DARKxBASSxLORD @DarthBaggins @Dawnblade @dbrisc @DeadlyEmbrace @Deathclaw @Deedaz @Demous @Desolutional @Detahmaio @Detoxification @Dhoulmagus @Diber @Diffident @Dirtymax04 @dlewbell @DogeTactical @done12many2 @DonkEnterprises @doritos93 @DreadManD @DrFreeman35 @dudesquirrel @Eaglesfan251 @EddyBear @Eeyore888 @egerds @Egilman @Ehpik @El-Fuego @elchucko @Emissary of Pain @emoga @emperor886 @ENTERPRISE @epidemic @Epipo @ericeod @Erick Silver @error-id10t @EtoileYuki @fasttracker440 @Fir3Chi3f @FireBean @fogran @fragamemnon @FranZe @Freakn @Fuganater @funfortehfun @Fuzzywinks @G3N3R4L Bl4Nk5 @G18 x UK @Galciv12 @garancomfort @Gavush @Geeboi @General121 @Genesis1984 @George C @GerroffMe @gildadan @Gnomepatrol @Go Gators! @goodtobeking @Goof245 @gr3nd3l @GreedyMuffin @GREG MISO @grivy @Gualichu04 @Gungnir @Hackcremo @Hacksword @happynutz420 @HardheadedMurphy @Hattifnatten @hazara @Heedehcheenuh @Hello Man @hertz9753 @hli53194 @holgate @HothBase @hrockh @Hukkel @Hyoketsu @idaWHALE @importflip @Infer1or @infodump @InverseTundra @istudy92 @Ithanul @james41382 @Jamnbam @jarble @JayKthnx @Jayrock @Jbads @JedixJarf @jefflikesbagels @jellybeans69 @jesse1053 @jesusboots @Jim888 @JJEEGG2211 @JKuhn @joeh4384 @johnko1 @Jon01010 @josephimports @Jpmboy @jswan @Junglist-Jay @jwalker150 @Kalpa @Kenpachi7 @killerquag @Kimir @King Who Dat @Kinsey @kirklloyd @kishagi @Kitler @Klue22 @konspiracy @KoolDrew @kpforce1 @kremtok @Krusher33 @kyle170 @Kyronn94 @kzim9 @labnjab @langer1972 @lanofsong @LeadbyFaith21 @LED Guy @ledzepp3 @leekaiwei @Legonut @LemonSlice @lever2stacks @lilchronic @loki_reborn @Loosenut @LupineDream @luXfer @Maintenance Bot @Majorhi @makr @martinhal @matt9882 @MattyMatt @maximus7651000 @mbmumford @McPaste @megawatz @mega_option101 @Melieson @metro @mica3speedy @Mightylobo @Millillion @mindracer @mingqi53 @mironccr345 @mirzet1976 @Mitche01 @mixolyd @mkclan @mmonnin @Modrod @mossberg385t @MP-Canuck @Mr.Pie @msgclb @muels7 @mxfreek09 @my94r/t @nategr8ns @navjack27 @nawon72 @nbmjhk6 @NBrock @Nick the Slick @Nicnivian @Nigyl @Nom-Ent @NostraD @notyettoday @nova4005 @Noxialis @no_safe_HAVEN @Nude_Lewd_Man @numbrs @OCScrub @omega17 @ozyo @packerbackermk @pangallosr @Paul17041993 @PaulWuzHere @Pentium4 531 overclocker @Phenomanator53 @pic16f28 @Pidoma @PimpSkyline @Plooto @Preim @pwnography6 @Pwntastic @Quamba @Ramstone @rctrucker @Rebelord @RedM00N @RenHoakRex @repo_man @REPUBLICOFGAMER @royalflush5 @RushiMP @RyanRazer @sakae48 @SalisburySteak @Samurai707 @Samurai Batgirl @SavageShy @sayaman22 @scc28 @scubadiver59 @SDriver @SeD669 @SergeantCC4 @Seron @shad0wfax @shelter @shlunky @Shogon @shredded @Simmons572 @simonfredette @SkyFred @smandrews @Sniffer29 @solidshark91493 @solsamurai @Sparhawk @spdaimon @staccker @Starbomba @StealthKatana @SteamSpoon @Sterling7 @stickg1 @stolid @stratocastorNM @strych9 @STW1911 @superericla @SweetAndLow @sweffymo @T0MB0 @taotree @taowulf @TechCrazy @terraprime @Tex1954 @thebest @The Bubbly @theknappkin @themasterpiece1 @ThijsH @thunderkitty91 @tictoc @Tilux @TinDaDragon @tismon @tmontney @Tomus @TooManyToys NotEnoughTime @tpl2000 @tr3v @trumpet-205 @ugotd8 @uniwarking @utparatrooper @Velathawen @Volvo @VoodooKnight @VS88 @Wasseam @Whodie @WillyRay @WiSK @WonderMutt @Wyllliam @Xapoc @xenomorph113 @xer0h0ur @XPD541 @yaodin @yaywafflez @Yey09 @Yuhfhrh @Zantrill @Zzyzx @_TRU_ @____ @|3rutal1ty @bigjdubb @Avacado @Nikado7 @franz

·
13,102 Posts
I'm not out

·
Old to Overclock.net
211 Posts
In it!
Will hopefully get most of my gear up and running. 2x GTX 1080 + GTX 1080 TI, maybe a GTX 980. Will be fun to see the numbers :)

·
Premium Member
13,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I'm not feeling the heat just yet here in Ohio, but there's a dutch split AC in my near future to continue during the warm months. I have a 12,000 BTU floor unit, but it's not going to keep up with all of this even if it's only a 12x16 room. I haven't ran it yet, but it's pretty certain. It only struggled on the 85+ F days while running 2 1070's, but now I have 3080, 3070, 2x 1080 ti, 2x 1070, and a 960. lol I'll be roasting if I don't upgrade my AC!

·
I <3 narcissists
7,046 Posts
I'm curious to see how mine keeps up this summer. I can feel the warmth now and it's only in the mid 80's outside. My guess is that the AC will be running constantly during the daytime.

Once I get my new case/pc thing setup it should be a little better because it will exhaust right into the air return for the AC. I'm hoping this will reduce the amount of heat introduced into the room. I still have to buy pumps, pipes and water blocks to get that going though.

·
Premium Member
13,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm curious to see how mine keeps up this summer. I can feel the warmth now and it's only in the mid 80's outside. My guess is that the AC will be running constantly during the daytime.

Once I get my new case/pc thing setup it should be a little better because it will exhaust right into the air return for the AC. I'm hoping this will reduce the amount of heat introduced into the room. I still have to buy pumps, pipes and water blocks to get that going though.
I hope you do a build log for that.

·
I <3 narcissists
7,046 Posts
Im really bad about that, never been one to take photos of my stuff. This will be fairly involved so I may do something like that. It is likely that I will end up needing help/advice along the way so a log might be the best route.

Speaking of, is there a Raspberry Pi community on here? I looked through the forum list and couldn't figure out what category it would fall under. Kinda hoping I can do a diy aquaero type thing using the gpio on the Pi for sensors and controlling fans etc. I have no idea how to program/code or whatever its called on the Pi, but I want to learn how to.

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
In, switched over!

• Rep+
Reactions: Bastiaan_NL

·
Fold on!
6,994 Posts
In, switched over!
💪:D

The 960 is 1 card. It's always up, but man, I felt real bad yesterday working in here. I have a heart condition. I'm trying to make a final decision on the split AC now.
Good, every bit helps!
I totally get it, it's a bit too hot if you need to work in that room.
As soon as the clouds are gone the temps go up pretty fast in the house. So you'll understand I prefer clouds over sunny weather 😂
And I bought an extra 2 feet fan for in my window, to get extra airflow through the room.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts