Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's winter here in the midwest and just a week ago it was down below 10f degrees. I've got my 3500+ overclocked to 2420(value select ram won't go much higher), and my idle temps are normally about 37, and under full load they usually stay about 51. Today it decided to get up to to about 78f and I still had the house all closed up because well, its winter and its not supposed to be in the high 70's. The room temp in my computer room got up to almost 80 so my ambient temps in my case followed, I came home and my processor was sitting at 67c because the system is folding and I had my fans turned down. I opened some windows and cranked my fans up and she went down to a much more comfortable 52c. Not really sure what the moral of the story here is, but I think I'll either leave my fans up all the time just incase, or I might get the Digi-key catalog out and try to build a thermostatically controlled fan controller.

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Natel

It's winter here in the midwest and just a week ago it was down below 10f degrees. I've got my 3500+ overclocked to 2420(value select ram won't go much higher), and my idle temps are normally about 37, and under full load they usually stay about 51. Today it decided to get up to to about 78f and I still had the house all closed up because well, its winter and its not supposed to be in the high 70's. The room temp in my computer room got up to almost 80 so my ambient temps in my case followed, I came home and my processor was sitting at 67c because the system is folding and I had my fans turned down. I opened some windows and cranked my fans up and she went down to a much more comfortable 52c. Not really sure what the moral of the story here is, but I think I'll either leave my fans up all the time just incase, or I might get the Digi-key catalog out and try to build a thermostatically controlled fan controller.

lol, this ain't on your topic, but you should move to California, they're expected to review 1 Metre of snow.. thats right ONE METRE! Run a watercooling system with pipes through the snow and chill the water like maadddd, lol.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts