Overclock.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If i'm using mayhems Pastel Ice White and mayhems red dye can i obtain a color like Pastel Light Red?

The fact is that i already have the red dye and a fried has some pastel white to sell me.... i'm afraid that it can become "pink" and not red.

Any suggestion?

·
Premium Member
3,414 Posts
If you have enough dye, yes. It takes quite a bit of dye to colour the pastel range but it will dye, I've used a bit of deep blue on Mayhem's Pastel UV White with great success.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by superericla View Post

If you have enough dye, yes. It takes quite a bit of dye to colour the pastel range but it will dye, I've used a bit of deep blue on Mayhem's Pastel UV White with great success.
i have about 15ml of red dye. i'm wondering, if pastel white require a lot of red dye i'm goind to risk some kind of blockage-deposit in tubing (masterkleer clear) and waterblocks (Raystorm CPU and 2 580gtx Hydrocopper2) ?

·
Premium Member
3,414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy Goober View Post

i have about 15ml of red dye. i'm wondering, if pastel white require a lot of red dye i'm goind to risk some kind of blockage-deposit in tubing (masterkleer clear) and waterblocks (Raystorm CPU and 2 580gtx Hydrocopper2) ?
Dyes don't typically cause blockage, at least Mayhem's dyes. Usually what happens is people see things get stuck in their water blocks, such as radiator flux or other particles, and blame dyes. I've been running Mayhem's Pastel + Deep Blue dye for a few weeks now with no problems with blockage.

·
Premium Member
2,959 Posts
What colour red you after.

Typically we use 200mls per 25ltrs for the new red (not out for public sale yet)
For the old light red it was 100ml per 25ltr
For dark red it was 150ml red + 50ml blue per 25 ltrs.

The new red is much more vibrant. Pastel and dye don't block any thing
smile.gif
but we do not recommend you use primochill or Tygon. We use Clearflex a lot but all so tested TC, XSPC, Masterkleer with no problems.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post

Typically we use 200mls per 25ltrs for the new red (not out for public sale yet)
smile.gif
but we do not recommend you use primochill or Tygon. We use Clearflex a lot but all so tested TC, XSPC, Masterkleer with no problems.
thank you for the answer!
smile.gif

i'm already using from february till now the Mayhems Red Dye and everything is okay, tubing is Masterkleer clear 13/10 (before i have tried with Primochill Clearflex but in 4 days it became very very cloudy, i will never use again this brand).

i'm looking for a "medium" pastel red, for my loop i use about 1,8 Ltrs. i check the red dye and now i have about 15ml. Is it enough to color the pastel ice white and turn it into a "medium" red?
otherwise i'm thinking to wait yr pastel new red, when it will be available?

·
Premium Member
2,959 Posts
To be real honest i would say no. you going to need a lot more red to turn it a "Nice red" i would say you have enough to do it a light red. Pastel is a killer for dye and it takes lot of dye it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Quote:

smile.gif
Excuse me for being OT, but I'm close to finally putting together my new build - the tubing I have is Tygon 3603 and Primochill Pro LRT, and if I use a dye it will be Mayhems...and I just came across this post...
Why do you not recommend Tygon or Primochill with your dye?

·
Premium Member
2,959 Posts
Because they leach plastics and absorb the dyes quicker. Tygon isn't made for water cooling its made for gasses and primochill leaches like hell and can effect our pastel range due to the chemicals they use in the tubing. So we don't recommend you use either. Clearflex is much better and is 1/4 as expensive.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Quote:

Because they leach plastics and absorb the dyes quicker. Tygon isn't made for water cooling its made for gasses and primochill leaches like hell and can effect our pastel range due to the chemicals they use in the tubing. So we don't recommend you use either. Clearflex is much better and is 1/4 as expensive.
Thanks, good to know

·
Registered
14 Posts
i hate to revive this thread but i have a question for mayhem. btw im new here!
anyway i just built my 900d system and i used Durelene St Gobain 3/8 5/8 Clear Tube and used 2x 250ml mayhem's pastel ice white concentrate and 50ML of mayhems red dye 3 1/2 15ml, + 1,500 ml pure distilled h20 to achieve the redness i wanted. see pic

so i was happy with the results! but i just realised now after using it 24/7 for 3 weeks the redness turned into a dark maroony red. is this normal?? or is it the problem with the tubing i used? st gobain? anyway i hope u answer my query mayhem i really like your product but a bit dissapointed after 3 weeks of use.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I would direct you to this thread

They can help you out there.

EDIT: forgot to add link.
thumb.gif

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.