Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently ordered some MDPC-X sleeving from Mod-One and a few other things for building all the cables for my new build. I LOVE the heavy weave look of this sleeving but all of the colors I got (Black, White and Red) are flattened out really badly and I was wondering if this is normal?

I took a crappy iPhone pic to try and show what I'm talking about, the MDPC-X is on the Left and the Right is Teleios sleeving from Mainframe Customs. You can see how the Teleios is nice and round and the MDPC-X is flat, it looks like crap, even when you put a wire through it, which sucks because I love the look of it over the Teleios stuff.

Any input is appreciated, I was working all this week and didn't get a chance to call Mod-One and ask but I figured I'd ask here first.

Thanks!
Jake

Attachments

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
The whole length of it is flat? Hard to tell from the pic. If it's just the end might be from cutting it.
Looks larger diameter as well. It's not sata sleeve is it?

·
Senioritis Member
8,360 Posts
If you stretch the sleeving tight over the wire, it should become round (unless it is too large for the wire).

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah the entire length is like that, it is a little larger than the Teleios sleeving for sure but its about twice as wide as it is thick just sitting there, I tried a few lengths on the 16 AWG wire I ordered with the sleeving and you can't get it tight enough on the wire to round it out either. If you crimp an end, melt the sleeving over that end and cut the wire and sleeving flush on the other end its still got a flat profile to it.

Jake

·
Senioritis Member
8,360 Posts
Yeah the entire length is like that, it is a little larger than the Teleios sleeving for sure but its about twice as wide as it is thick just sitting there, I tried a few lengths on the 16 AWG wire I ordered with the sleeving and you can't get it tight enough on the wire to round it out either. If you crimp an end, melt the sleeving over that end and cut the wire and sleeving flush on the other end its still got a flat profile to it.

Jake
Your sleeving is probably too big for the wire.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The sleeving needs to be tighter on the wire. After you melt the sleeving on one end, use a ziptie or something to push and keep the sleeving tight on the other end.
The test piece I tried I melted one end of it, pulled the sleeving tight and cut the sleeving and wire flush with each other to simulate what I was going to try and do with the actual wires in the case once I have them routed accordingly. I guess I just didn't pull it tight enough, I'll try a few more before I actually try and make the actual wires.

Thanks for the info!
Jake

1 - 7 of 7 Posts