Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cheap Walmart keyboard has finally bit the dust as multiple keys don't work and the entire number pad no longer functions which is a major problem for my accounting courses.

In regards to the keyboard, I want either Green or Blue switches. Most recently, I owned the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate which had Green switches and I liked it a lot. I've also tried blue, brown, red, etc. and greatly prefer the tactile feel and clicking sound of the greens or blues. I usually end up with either Razer or Logitech when it comes to gaming peripherals as they've always been dependable and are at acceptable price points for what they offer. I will consider other options but I definitely want something as described with Macro keys along the left as they help tremendously. What would you guys recommend?

After looking around on both companies' websites (I'm open to other brands but generally like to stick with reputable / dependable brands.) it seems like these are the options I have found that caught my eye: (Once again, these will be for solely World of Warcraft (MMO) and League of Legends (MOBA) game wise and a lot of typing as I'm finishing my Business & Accounting degrees so I need the numpad which rules out tenkeyless.)

Keyboards

Logitech G910
Logitech G613
Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2
Razer Blackwidow X Chroma (I think the above one is the new version of this one but wanted to be sure.)

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks for the help!

·
Overclocker in training
14,316 Posts
Hi,
I just ordered a G910 Model: 920-008012
Can't say what's like because I won't get it until probably Monday or Tuesday
A friend say he loves his
I'm sure I'll have to replace and add clear o-rings just like I had to do on my G710+ but maybe the 910 won't be so noisy ?

·
Registered
107 Posts
BTW. Beware that "green" can mean different things: A "Razer Green" is close to a "Cherry MX Blue", but Cherry has had "Green" switches longer than Razer, and those are like a heavier version of the blue. They are rare, but you can also get keyboard with Cherry MX Green.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump for Help.

Been busy during the holidays so I'm going to order a new keyboard today.

I'm considering ones such as the Razer Chroma V2, Logitech G910, and Corsair K95.

Any other worthwhile options that I missed? As I said before, I would like to have a mechanical keyboard (preferably with Macro keys on the side) that has either Cherry MX Blue switches or in Razer's case, their Green Switches which are similar to the Blues and I have tried them before and liked them.

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

·
KEYBOARD KONNOISSEUR
1,572 Posts
They are all pretty comparable as far as mainstream keyboards go, pretty much your only option if you want dedicated Macro keys. I would just choose the one you like the best if those are your 3 options.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts