Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I Dow load some sort of a software sweet to get media center to play mkv files and they end up sound good cause I've downloaded separte codecs and they don't work so well together I guess, what do I need guys, help me please

·
Registered
233 Posts
@ WaLshy11 - just a couple of quick questions for you. I was searching the forum for the same answer as the OP and stumbled upon this thread!

Have you been running those shark codecs and x64 components on WMC with Win 7 64 bit and have they been playing the MKV's with surround sound and not crashing at all?

I have tried to use that but maybe I did something wrong and the WMC crashes and restarts sometimes (some play quite well) I try to play an MKV file - do I need some other patch or codec.

I have a lot of NTSC movies in MKV containers , would they play on WMC as well or do I need to do something else for those?

I use My Movies for managing my media files, my MKV videos are all ripped in H.264 and audio is in AAC3!

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, the specs of my HTPC are in my signature if you need any more info I would be happy to provide that!

Thanks!

·
Registered
109 Posts
All i needed to install was the haali media splitter. Restart your computer, and you should see all of your mkv files in windows media center ( if you've already added the folders). I had windows 7 professional, and a gtx 580.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts