Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asking if the my desktop could play some games with some settings Also some questions.

PD 920
2GB's of Gskill
WD 250GB EIDE (10years old)
ATI 4850 OC 700MHZ core.

1.) Is this good enough to play HD moives?
2.) Good enough to play Crysis at 1920x1080 with XAA 2 and AF X4
3.) Good enough to play Fallout 3 at 1920 X1080 with XAA 2 And AF X4

And thoughts on upgrades?

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Crysis is definitely not happening. Fallout 3 is highly unlikely as well. Aside from the games, your computer is more than capable of playing HD video.

·
Registered
17 Posts
On the questions. Pretty much what Moltar said. Thoughts on upgrades would be pretty much getting a cheap overhaul. Your rig is out of date and isn't getting any better even a $500 rig and selling yours for at least something would mean at least being able to 'play' fallout 3. As for Crysis, it's an expensive game because of the hardware requirements and you won't be as satisfied with it as you might think.

But thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I can play fallout 3 just not the highest settings.
I'm not to crazy about this pc it just media all my friends and guest use it.
I just don't want lagging behind.
Its always hook up to 42".

·
Registered
17 Posts
in Overclock.net if your not running full then your not playing it
Thats why i said 'play' lol
But seriously then, if you want to get back into proper pc gaming then keep that one which will be fine for guests to watch the odd movie from your tv and get yourself a personal one which can blow the ass off of a chimpanzee at 50 paces

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I been on oc for a long time. And it not all but crazy good graphics. It about where you want your pc exactly the way you want it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts