Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have installed an nvidia 7600gt and am now having problems with my Media players. I used to have an FX5500 then an ATI 9250. I don't know anything about PC's but know i needed to get rid of all the previous drivers. I am running the latest nvidia drivers too.

What happens is, whenever i download something to watch, i open it and my media player slows my PC down really badly, i have to end the process to get things back to normal.

I have tried Windows Media 10 and 11. Also some other media players without success.

Any help would be great.

Casss*

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
could you fill your system specs ? it's in User CP
so that we can better help you...

·
Registered
764 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gravity

could you fill your system specs ? it's in User CP
so that we can better help you...

I have the same problem, and it messes up AVI aswell. I cant figure out hy though. Maybe some sort of codec problem?

edit: didnt mean to quote.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have and AMD Athlon 3200+ 64 2.0 Ghz
1Gb RAM
240 Hard Drive.

If thats what you want mate!

·
Registered
764 Posts
click quick links at the top of the page, go to user cp, and edit your system specs, they will show up in your sig then like mine

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, i have done the best i could. No idea what make or model most of the stuff is!

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I suggest you check your ram for any problems (use memTest86). I believe it also could be your harddrive, but well check your ram first...

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Hello Cassidy Welcome to the forums

Can you remeber what model HP it is?

• Rep+
Reactions: Casss

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Are you telling me that you installed a 7600GT on an HP Pavillion ? What else have you changed since you first acquired it ?
I have a feeling it could be the PSU, altough I don't think those symptoms are related to a PSU's lack of juice...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did mate yes! I have not changed anything else since i got the machine. Although i have had 2 new graphics cards installed.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Can you play games with it ? I mean is there any problems when you play games with it ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No problem at all. I can play CoD2 everything full in dx7 and i will run in dx9 aswell but not as high. Also, BF:2 in Medium.

·
Administrator
64,324 Posts
This is usually a typical Driver issue do the following.

1. Update your chipset driver
2. Update or reinstall Drivers for your G-card and follow this procedure :

Installing Graphic card driver efficiently!!! When you Update your graphics cards drivers theres ways that you should go about it. Follow these simple steps below.

1.Download and install ''Driver Cleaner'' Here:
http://www.drivercleaner.net/professional.html
2.Uninstall your Current Display drivers such as your ''ATI'' or ''Nvidia'' drivers.
3.Now run ''Driver cleaner'' and depending on the Drivers you have you will have to select either ''ATI'' or ''Nvidia'' from the drop down menu. Only select the main title of the driver in the drop down such as just ''ATI'' or ''Nvidia''
4.Once you have selected Your driver click on the ''Start'' button and this will now start the driver cleaning process. ( Do this twice to be sure )
5.Now reboot your system and Download the latest Nvidia or ATI and go ahead and install them.

Doing this avoids driver corruption and conflicts so you can now enjoy smooth gameplay.

Also when it comes to playback you have all the codecs..Download this codec package : http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...k_All_in_1.htm

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Could i ask for a link for the Chipset drivers, i really don't want to get the wrong ones.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Cass we need to know the model number of the HP, it should have it somewhere on the case.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have done what you said with the drivers with no luck. I have looked on the case and all it says is HP Pavillion. There is something above which says t580.uk

No idea what that is.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
From what I can see you have a nvidia nforce 3 chipset, I don't know whether its a special HP edition(no idea idea if that even exists, I don't know much about dells and HP's, just that you shouldn't buy them), can anyone else clarify if it will be a normal NF3 chipset. If it is just go here and download-

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce3_winxp_5.11

• Rep+
Reactions: Casss

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thankn Dan, problem solved. Although, some files wont play as they need H264 Codec?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts