Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I know this is going to kick up a ruckus but I am planning a new gaming build.

Until now I would go strait for Intel with no questions asked. But after seeing some of the price differences I am having second thoughts.

So the real question is, Do I go with the high end Piledriver FX8350 or the Intel I5 3570K

I will be using a 7950, I play a whole range of games from Day Z to Planetside.

Thanks.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar View Post

Hi all,

I know this is going to kick up a ruckus but I am planning a new gaming build.

Until now I would go strait for Intel with no questions asked. But after seeing some of the price differences I am having second thoughts.

So the real question is, Do I go with the high end Piledriver FX8350 or the Intel I5 3570K

I will be using a 7950, I play a whole range of games from Day Z to Planetside.

Thanks.
The i5 3570k can definitely beat out the fx 8350, but at the same time, it's more expensive. You would be fine with either but the 3570k is going to get you better performance.

PS: MR HOUSE!

·
Registered
885 Posts
3570k gets my vote if budget is not a consideration. Otherwise the FX8350 will work just fine especially since you have that 7950.

• Rep+
Reactions: eagle982

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle982 View Post

The i5 3570k can definitely beat out the fx 8350, but at the same time, it's more expensive. You would be fine with either but the 3570k is going to get you better performance.

PS: MR HOUSE!
Thanks,

Are there any games out there that are designed to use the extra cores? Or are they just dumped onto the first 4 cores?

And yes, NCR Ranger, you are talking to Mr House.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Some see crysis 3 and BF3 get some help with more cores.

Most will say i5, some will say 8350, from what I have seen they pretty much trade blows.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The 3570K and the 8350 pretty much trade blows across the board, however if you are strictly gaming, you will probably see a few FPS more on the Intel. But if you also plan to stream and game at the same time, or any task that makes use of multiple cores/threads, the FX would be the better choice. I chose my 8350 because i do video stuff, and i knew gaming performance would still be good. best of luck with the decision
smile.gif

·
Registered
283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar View Post

Thanks,

Are there any games out there that are designed to use the extra cores? Or are they just dumped onto the first 4 cores?

And yes, NCR Ranger, you are talking to Mr House.
Four cores are all you will need for gaming, but things like video editing need more. Gaming computers theoretically won't benefit from more than four cores.

The strip belongs to the New California Republic!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts