Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey I just went about installing the back bracket for my Prolimatech Megahalem

Before installing the actual heatsink, should the back plate move a little, like rattle in place?

Also, should I install the fans before or after the heatsink is in the board?

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
No, it should not wiggle, at least not after you install the 2 bars on each side of it. Wait and put the fans on last also, otherwise you can't tighten down the last two screws (the ones with springs).

·
Registered
549 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Banedox
View Post

hey I just went about installing the back bracket for my Prolimatech Megahalem

Before installing the actual heatsink, should the back plate move a little, like rattle in place?

Also, should I install the fans before or after the heatsink is in the board?

The backplate wont wriggle when you have the cooler fully installed.. when you put the actual heatsink on with the screws it should be fine..

Put your fans on last also

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by R00ST3R
View Post

No, it should not wiggle, at least not after you install the 2 bars on each side of it. Wait and put the fans on last also, otherwise you can't tighten down the last two screws (the ones with springs).

oh btw I am using LGA1366, and I did but in the 2 bars and it still wiggles a little

·
Registered
230 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Banedox
View Post

oh btw I am using LGA1366, and I did but in the 2 bars and it still wiggles a little

It DOES wiggle even with the 2 bars on but as soon as you fully secure the spring loaded screws the wiggle will stop completely
First hand experience of exactly what you are going through here.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Are their not 4 risers that attach to each post coming from the backplate through the motherboard? I know I'm using 775, but I think the concept is still the same? Lemme see if I can find the box min came in.

Edit - Ok xdcx has experience with the 1366 setup. Good deal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.